Golfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelkid

Jan 21, 2007
I am staying in the Cabarete area and would like to go golfing. I would prefer a cheaper place like Costa Azul, but I don't think they have golf club rentals. Would anyone know where I could find golf clubs or glof club rentals?

C

Chip00

I am staying in the Cabarete area and would like to go golfing. I would prefer a cheaper place like Costa Azul, but I don't think they have golf club rentals. Would anyone know where I could find golf clubs or glof club rentals?

I have set I of forged blades. I'm in Santiago. PM me if you are interested.

Also, if you get to Santiago, send me a PM or Hillbilly too.

Also, Bushbaby is at the North coast - you could contact him too.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi TravelKid,
IS Costa Azul open to play? The last I heard (& I must admit that was many years ago) it was a nine hole cabbage area with animals grazing on it. I HOPE I am wrong but nobody has given me an update yet to say I am wrong!

Playing at Santiago might be a good alternative if you can manage an early morning start. Two of us from Puerto Plata go down most Sundays & sometimes meet up with locals like Hillbilly & Chip - when are you coming to the Cabarete area? Like Chip, I have a spare set of clubs (stiff shafts) you can borrow if we play together. Further, we might be able to arrange a deal for you at Playa Grande or Playa Dorada courses! ~ Grahame.

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
travellkid take bushbaby up on the playa grande it is a course not to be missed ,and he is a great host,although i had my doubt's of his driving for the first few miles;);).really though great course and great company grahame

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Talked to a fella today who said the Costambar 9-hole course has been improved and is RD$300 +RD$300 for caddy. That's cheap. Costa Azul is totally unplayable and should NOT be considered a golf course, it is NOT.
If you play well, it's Playa Dorada or Playa Grande for about RD$2,000 + tip of about $RD500 for caddy.
Anyone know how much the beautiful course is at Jarabacoa? I saw it over the weekend, looks great from the road at 100 km per hour.! Nice hills and pretty from the road. Is it really?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Anyone know how much the beautiful course is at Jarabacoa? I saw it over the weekend, looks great from the road at 100 km per hour.! Nice hills and pretty from the road. Is it really?
I seem to recall that with FedoGolf card it was (last year) RD $600 - non FedoGolf was RD $800 Caddy was around RD $600. Whatever the cost, the scenery makes it a worthwhile course to visit (in DRY weather).
The course is a nine-holer (played twice for above rates) & whether it is 'beautiful' or not depends on how straight you can hit the ball!!! Off line at 2 causes MANY a penalty shot to be played. Greens are 'Awkward' should you be anything other than 'below the hole'. I have known grown men weep at 6 or 7 putting on 1, 7, 8 & 9 whilst chipping on to 2, 3, 4 & 5, can be fun trying to "Keep it on the green"@!

The air is clean & fresh up there unless you are following me around the course. A certain curmudgeon has also been known to say "Oh Dear" after a miscue on 2 & 9!! Thank goodness for the smoked pig stall (complete with frozen Presidentes) on the way back to Santiago!! ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.