ANACAONA - LOS CASICAZQUES huh?

EK07

Jun 2, 2007
OK, since the group seems to know the area quite well.... can I get a few recommendations on new 3+ beds, 2+ bath apts in Casicazques (SP)? Prices seem to flucutate $1,500 to $3,000.... Is it best just to wonder around and ask the security in front in there are any available?

We have checked with realtors but they seem to guide where they can get ;);)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
$1,500 is a good price for those areas, $3000 is probably a bit too much unless it is some kind of luxury penthouse. Best thing is to drive around - there are always 'For Rent' signs posted all over the place, and yes, asking the guard is not a bad idea either.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Casicazques (SP)?
Correct spelling: Cacicazgos; its a Taino word meaning kingdom or chieftain. In Santo Domingo, its the upper-income residential neighborhood bordering the northwestern part of the Mirador del Sur park.

-NALs

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Correct spelling: Cacicazgos; its a Taino word meaning kingdom or chieftain. In Santo Domingo, its the upper-income residential neighborhood bordering the northwestern part of the Mirador del Sur park.

-NALs

Darn it! The name sounded cool, but now I know I could never live there.

Que vaina!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Relax - although there are some streets with mansions and luxury apartment blocks we have a number of friends who in Los Cacicazgos who are not upper income. One family was paying US$700 per month for a house with a garden, and another bought a nice 2-bed apartment on a quiet street for about RD$2m under a year ago.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Darn it! The name sounded cool, but now I know I could never live there.

Que vaina!
The names of all the streets in Los Cacicazgos are all Taino names of several campos in the Cibao valley.

For example, in the neighborhood there is a Bacu? street and in La Vega (on the Cayetano Germosen - Villa Tapia road) there is a campo area called Bacu? - one of the loveliest campos in my opinion, but that opinion could be skewed by the fact that I own several parcels of land there. But there are many nice houses around there and it is a lovely area both in the human quality and natural beauty, some of the best agricultural land you can find anywhere.

In any case, there other street names of Taino names for places in the Cibao like Maguey, Baynoa, Burende, Mayaguano, Cibao Oeste, Cibao Este, etc.

And it is an expensive area. Those bargains Chiri mentioned you have to search real well to find in that area. A neighborhood with high desirability and a few bargains to be had creates scarcity rather quickly.

-NALs

Last edited:

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Relax - although there are some streets with mansions and luxury apartment blocks we have a number of friends who in Los Cacicazgos who are not upper income. One family was paying US$700 per month for a house with a garden, and another bought a nice 2-bed apartment on a quiet street for about RD$2m under a year ago.

Nice. Time to start looking, then. But next time The Kid goes home, my very good friend will be on the Rock. Too bad.