read this in the DR1 news......anyone we know???

Sep 19, 2005
I heard that the anti-christ was THINKING of moving to the DR...this article says he may already be there.....that means there no room for anti-christ number 2...right?

"Anti-Christ" in the DR?
No the anti-Christ has not surfaced in the DR though some, including Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez, would have said otherwise upon the arrival of Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda. De Jesus, speaking in Listin Diario criticized some in the Dominican Republic for trying to impede his speech on the number 666, that was scheduled to be given at the Aula Magna at the UASD University. He says that the Catholic Church used its influence to not make this happen. The speaker, who calls himself Christ Man, says that he only wants the DR as well as other nations to learn the real meaning of the number 666, that is the supposed representation of Satan. De Jesus arrived in the country yesterday, greeted by religious protestors, and though his speech has no venue yet Listin Diario writes that it is a guarantee that many will be paying attention to what he says.
The Cardinal made a scathing attack on preacher Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda, calling him "a charlatan." Miranda calls himself the Anti-Christ because "we are no longer supposed to follow Jesus of Nazareth, therefore we are antichrists." The Cardinal said that the preacher should be sent home as soon as possible, without any hesitation.

bob

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
I heard that the anti-christ was THINKING of moving to the DR...this article says he may already be there.....that means there no room for anti-christ number 2...right?

"Anti-Christ" in the DR?
No the anti-Christ has not surfaced in the DR though some, including Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez, would have said otherwise upon the arrival of Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda. De Jesus, speaking in Listin Diario criticized some in the Dominican Republic for trying to impede his speech on the number 666, that was scheduled to be given at the Aula Magna at the UASD University. He says that the Catholic Church used its influence to not make this happen. The speaker, who calls himself Christ Man, says that he only wants the DR as well as other nations to learn the real meaning of the number 666, that is the supposed representation of Satan. De Jesus arrived in the country yesterday, greeted by religious protestors, and though his speech has no venue yet Listin Diario writes that it is a guarantee that many will be paying attention to what he says.
The Cardinal made a scathing attack on preacher Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda, calling him "a charlatan." Miranda calls himself the Anti-Christ because "we are no longer supposed to follow Jesus of Nazareth, therefore we are antichrists." The Cardinal said that the preacher should be sent home as soon as possible, without any hesitation.

bob

Bob, he's not moving to the DR; he's just giving speeches. So, there's still room for me.

C

Chip00

I don't think that this guy will be well received here in the DR given that most people consider themselves if not Catholic then Christian or at least believe in God.

The funny thing is that many here consider themselves Catholic but really don't go to church or even understand it's beliefs.

I think this guy will end up having few people interested in his speeches.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
I don't think that this guy will be well received here in the DR given that most people consider themselves if not Catholic then Christian or at least believe in God.

The funny thing is that many here consider themselves Catholic but really don't go to church or even understand it's beliefs.

I think this guy will end up having few people interested in his speeches.

When he visited Colombia, hundreds of people got the number '666' tattooed on their bodies, even some facial ones.

If you read it carefully, he's not saying he's anti-Christian, but the anti-Christ. So, he's still a Christian. He's got a website; look him up. I did a while ago, and I'm still taking in oxygen. So, have no fear, Chip.

I'm sorry I'm so arrogant. After a while, us atheists just can't help it.

C

Chip00

When he visited Colombia, hundreds of people got the number '666' tattooed on their bodies, even some facial ones.

If you read it carefully, he's not saying he's anti-Christian, but the anti-Christ. So, he's still a Christian. He's got a website; look him up. I did a while ago, and I'm still taking in oxygen. So, have no fear, Chip.

I'm sorry I'm so arrogant. After a while, us atheists just can't help it.

Joseito, you are what you are buddy, and I won't stand in the way.

The only correction that I might add is "Christian" means "of Christ" - this guy therefore is no Christian.

It will be interesting to see how many people show up for this thing.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Joseito, you are what you are buddy, and I won't stand in the way.

The only correction that I might add is "Christian" means "of Christ" - this guy therefore is no Christian.

It will be interesting to see how many people show up for this thing.

He is saying that to call yourself Christ-like is blasphemous.

By calling himself the anti-Christ, he gets people riled up, thus generating tons of publicity. Then he preaches his brand of Christianity, and gets rich in the process. Nothing new, amigo. He's just using a different approach.

Simply genius, if you ask me.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Simply a loony, if you ask me.
But no different from all the other loons who exploit people's vulnerability and gullibility in the name of religion.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Any messenger of God does not want to take other people's money to become rich. This is what this guy does, he convinces people that they should donate tons of money to him. His secretaries wear micro mini skirts around the office. What I'm saying may not mean much but a true messenger of God gives gives and gives some more, not take away. A lover of God is selfless, this guy acts like he's a celebrity looking for attention. A true messenger gives God the glory, it does not glorify himself.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Simply a loony, if you ask me.
But no different from all the other loons who exploit people's vulnerability and gullibility in the name of religion.
To an extent you are right, but this guy actually is preaching that there is no such thing as sin, right or wrong, etc.

From a philosphical standpoint, he is correct. But that is one truth that the masses don't need to become aware of. As a rule of thumb, anything that needs protection is not real, its an invention of man created to control other more gullible people.

Thus the notion of human rights.... not natural, not real.
Private property... not natural, not real.
Good vs Bad... not natural, not real.
Social morals.... not natural, not real.
Nationalism... not natural, not real.

Imagine a society that functions on the truths of the universe... it won't be a society at all. In fact, Socrates mentions the need of the "honorable lie" in order for society to function.

This suppose "anti-christ" wants to make people realize the existance of the "honorable lies" which causes structure, obedience, and societies to remain stable, flourish, and survive through the years and make them debunk such.

The masses of any country don't need to be "enlightened" of the honorable lies which holds societies together.

Then again, this guy might just be attracting all the criminals. They need some form of validation that their evil actions will have NO consequences in the "after life".

Eh, who knows... but one thing is sure, this guy spells trouble in more ways than one!

These are my 2 cents.

-NALs

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I wonder why we all become so deeply offended when confronted with ideas which radically diverge from our own?

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
I wonder why we all become so deeply offended when confronted with ideas which radically diverge from our own?

People are afraid to think. This past Thursday, a very nice young lady who works for the same outfit as The Kid, quickly ended our conversation after I told her I'm an atheist. SHE WAS DEEPLY OFFENDED.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
People are afraid to think. This past Thursday, a very nice young lady who works for the same outfit as The Kid, quickly ended our conversation after I told her I'm an atheist. SHE WAS DEEPLY OFFENDED.

I doubt the young nice lady was deeply offended at the confession of your atheism. She most probably was slightly surprised and confused. Atheism does not present much of a challenge to believers, on the contrary, they are necessary and even used as a backdrop to explain their own dogmas. But, if instead you would have surprised her with the confession that you are a Muslim, then maybe that could have provoked deep offense and even fear.

SOTN, did you know that the one of the most revered and celebrated Saints of the Catholic Church is San Santiago, El Matamoros (Saint James, The Moor Killer)?

63myzcg.jpg

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
SOTN, did you know that the one of the most revered and celebrated Saints of the Catholic Church is San Santiago, El Matamoros (Saint James, The Moor Killer)?

El Matamoros:

My father's favorite Saint, and my younger brother's middle name as a result.

Would you agree there's a certain arrogance, a natural and necessary arrogance, that must accompany the atheist? Even the very humble Dawkins displays it.

It's as if arrogance tells the atheist, "You can run, but you can't hide."

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I doubt the young nice lady was deeply offended at the confession of your atheism. She most probably was slightly surprised and confused. Atheism does not present much of a challenge to believers, on the contrary, they are necessary and even used as a backdrop to explain their own dogmas. But, if instead you would have surprised her with the confession that you are a Muslim, then maybe that could have provoked deep offense and even fear.
That has never been my experience with believers of any mainstream religion. If you say (diplomatically) that you're not a follower of their faith, they assume you're one of the other big three/four, and state, almost as if seeking reassurance "but you believe in God" the subtext being that that's what counts.

I rarely follow up with "well no, actually" precisely because of the negative reaction it usually gets. Try it some time and you'll see.

A more tolerant believer can just about cope with "I don't believe in a higher power as defined by any of the mainstream religions, but who's to say there isn't something?" which is more of an agnostic line of thought.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I rarely follow up with "well no, actually" precisely because of the negative reaction it usually gets. Try it some time and you'll see.

Is that because of the negativity to you or the 'shock' they are experiencing?

I really despair about judgements made about a person based only on their belief system. Or even worse based on a mistaken notion of what that belief system is. It's about as relevant as the mistaken notion that David Frost must be a fanatical Islamist because he now works for Al Jazeera........