Google Ads on DR1

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I discovered that if you're not logged in to DR1 and you click on a page, 4 blue links come up (Google ads). I can understand all the DR hotels & Caribbean property links coming up but what, pray, is the Hanson Rivet & Supply Co. doing there? :). Try it, log out and then go to General Forum and there at top of page is the rivet company. Just curious, albeit only mildly.....

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
use the "adblock plus" extension in Firefox and you shouldn't be bothered by any ads anymore ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Serving ads to match the page content is no easy task. If the ad inventory isn't available, Google will place the "next" closest ad based on page content.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
But rivets??????? :laugh: Active postings on female butts, Haitian occupation, Anthony Santos, sending books to DR etc etc but I'm having a wee bit of difficulty linking any of those to rivets. Unless of course it was something to do with the S&B 'love' story.............

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Send Larry Page and Sergey Brin an email, it's their algorithm that determines what ads are displayed :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I discovered that if you're not logged in to DR1 and you click on a page, 4 blue links come up (Google ads). I can understand all the DR hotels & Caribbean property links coming up but what, pray, is the Hanson Rivet & Supply Co. doing there? :). Try it, log out and then go to General Forum and there at top of page is the rivet company. Just curious, albeit only mildly.....

Lamabada, your revelation is riveting.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Rivet, rivet...

Somewhere in this vast (well...) country, someone must surely be asking him or herself, "Now where the heck can I get me some rivets?".

Or, maybe not.:bunny:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominican Frogs Purchase HUGE Amounts Of Rivits!...

... "Rivit",...."Rivit!",..."Rivit!":cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Well I would say that it is definitely better to be riveting than to be 'Croaking'!:ermm:!
I am told that is a dying art!:dead:! ~ Grahame.:cheeky:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
What? No response from MountainFrog...

with all the rivet, rivet, rivet and croaking,
... I thought for sure m'frog would respond to this thread.