Your retirement advice suggestions and thoughts

joval

Nov 8, 2004
Hello to all, my husband and I are seriously considering moving to DR, after many years of traveling to the DR. We are both in our mid forties, and would like to ask your expertise as residence of DR if the following is possible with a modest pocket book, also any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
1: purchase house/villa for permanent residence. cabarete/sousa/costambar/cabrera...(at the least ocean view, and beach within close proximity.)
2. purchase house/villa for rental income for vacationers,
in the same area as permanent residence.
3. Is is wiser to leave long term investments in our home country, and only invest monies needed for living expenses.. ie: to live on interest money / pesos..from the dominican bank...and how ?

If you care to share, what are your personal experience and successes, in the above mentioned 1.2.3. and any other related advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What exactly is "modest pocket book"? Please give a range.

1. ?

2. ?

3. Depends on your risk tolerance level. As a rule of thumb, most Dominican investments should be viewed as high risk investments to be on the "safe side". You should not liquidate all your long term investments from your home country, but how much of your portfolio would be invested in the DR depends on various factors, risk tolerance being one of them.

-NALs

joval

Nov 8, 2004
re: retirement advice suggestions and thoughts

Hello. Thank you for your reply.
1.permanent residence,house/villa with at least ocean view, and nearby to beach
2. rental income property house/villa close to permanent residence with at least ocean view, and nearby beach.
combined investment total of approx. 100,000USD to 300,000.USD
again areas of interest:
sousa/cabarete/costambar/cabrera/ your suggestions, thoughts advice, appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gee, and I had a US $1.4 unrenovated/US$1.7 renovated place for you!!!

Darn, I need a hot one...

HB