Bus service from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana?

rooseuclark

Jun 5, 2007
I would appreciate it if someone could give me tips on how to get to Punta Cana from Santo Domingo. We will originally be coming from Sosua by the Metro bus (2 adults, 2 kids) on the very first bus which I think gets in to the Capitol by 7am and then need to find the bus terminal to connect us to Punta Cana. If anyone has the bus company's phone handy that would be great. I was also thinking of fly to Punta Cana from the Capitol any hints or advice on that? I understand there are a few local charter flights that fly there but I have no clue as to how much it would cost nor do I have their info. My trip is set for July 22nd.

Open to any advice.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
If you thought of flying then better take a private taxi, mini van and have a relaxed drive maybe with some stops ...... I think for US$ 150.00 you shoud get your own nice bus.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
based on a post in a recent thread about this:

You need to get the Expreso Bavaro - the stop is on Calle Juan Sanchez Ramirez No. 31 (near Supermercado Nacional on Ave. Maximo Gomez). Tel 809 682-9670. **Advisable to phone and double check location because this area is affected by the Metro construction and might have changed.**

Departures from Santo Domingo at 7 am, 10 am, 2 pm and 4 pm. It is about a 4 hour trip.

Feb 7, 2007

Last edited: