Runners!

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Might there be any runners in the DR?? Interested in starting a group and/or organizing some races? 5K, 10K, 26K 50K?

I'm an avid runner and can't imagine giving it up despite the heat.....

dana

BeachyGirl

Jul 24, 2007
Might there be any runners in the DR?? Interested in starting a group and/or organizing some races? 5K, 10K, 26K 50K?

I'm an avid runner and can't imagine giving it up despite the heat.....

dana

Hi Dana! I am planning on moving to Punta Cana in late August, early September, and I am avid runner also. If you are in Punta Cana, I would love a running parter, and perhaps we could generate enough interest for some races! I was just wondering yesterday how much of a running community I would be able to find in Punta Cana, hooray! Be in touch!

BeachyGirl

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Running partner

Hooray, i love the idea of a running partner Beachygirl. Send the kiddie off to school and go for a morning run before the heat of the day sets in!! I'm planning a trip in Aug to hang in Punta Cana, La Romana & Juan Dolio, check out the schools, beach etc.. to decide where exactly we want to be. Maybe we can get together for a cerveza or a run while I'm there. Aug 18-26th.

I also found this thread (link below) that has some good info on running races in DR. We'll surely be able to keep up our sport as long as we can handle the heat. This is an issue for me anyway, being from the northern mountains and all...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/39888-running-races-dr.html

Dana

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
i am a runner i run in the Botanico ever morning at 5:30 although i have been in the states for the last 3 months but i will be home Nov 4th back to my rutine, i think that sounds good but it all depends were you are cuz it would be great to have group begin in the same area.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Botanico?

i am a runner i run in the Botanico ever morning at 5:30 although i have been in the states for the last 3 months but i will be home Nov 4th back to my rutine, i think that sounds good but it all depends were you are cuz it would be great to have group begin in the same area.

I have no idea where Botanico is... I will be arriving in Juan Dolio the week of Nov 5th & have been a bit out of my running routine but definitely plan on getting back into it!! Are you anywhere near this area?

d

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Botanico = Botanical Gardens

I think you will be disappointed about runners in the areas you mentioned. Most people do not go to those places to run, but to relax, play golf and go swimming.

For runners you will need to go the Mirador de Sur, or the Jardin Botanico or get in touch with the national federation at the Felix Sanchez Olympic Stadium in Santo Domingo.

HB