Building in Santo Domingo??

nikkanny

Jun 5, 2007
OK, heres my story. I am going to DR July 5th and needed to get some info on a good construction company or contractor. My mother and I have quite a big piece of property in santo domingo on a main street and wanted to tear the current broken down house (my grandfathers RIP) and build a building. I am new with this construction thing over there and need some advice. What would you guys recommend?? I was thinking kind of like a 3 story , 4 - 6 unit building. If you have someone I can talk to over there while im vacationing that would be great... Looking forward to hearing from you!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
OK, heres my story. I am going to DR July 5th and needed to get some info on a good construction company or contractor. My mother and I have quite a big piece of property in santo domingo on a main street and wanted to tear the current broken down house (my grandfathers RIP) and build a building. I am new with this construction thing over there and need some advice. What would you guys recommend?? I was thinking kind of like a 3 story , 4 - 6 unit building. If you have someone I can talk to over there while im vacationing that would be great... Looking forward to hearing from you!

If you are genuinely interested, I do have somebody with whom I work you can talk to. If interested you are welcome to PM me.

... J-D.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You need to meet with lawyers, civil engineers and architects. Go slowly at this.
Depending on where the lot is located, you might be better off selling it to an established builder on a money+apartment deal. Or outright cash.
One builder I know of is putting up an apartment tower with the apts going for 7 mil off the plans.
Whatever you do, do it slowly and carefully.

HB

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
building in st domingo

A good idea would be ,to get 4 to 6 quotes from different companies,to ensure your not ripped off. I too am thinking of tearing down my existing property ,to build 6 to 8 apartments.This appears to be happening everywhere i look in santo domingo,with the cheap cost of haitian labour,and cement,and most people wanting safe gated apartments,is this the way to go!Another thing is ;there well mabee a shortage of development land and property the way things are moving,which could push up the value of land and larger propertys .:ermm: