Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suckling pig anyone?

When we moved to DR a year ago to a farm we knew very little but we are learning fast..... 3 of our young sows had a total of 35 little piglets 2 weeks ago which means that the ones which are now 2.5 months old are ready to go... (unlike our lambs which are not ready yet which were posted much earlier). Anyway they have been weighed today and weigh in at 40 lbs (approx 18 kilos). We can supply them either live or bbq ready if anyone wants - let us know if you are interested please.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is your farm located?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

we are situated off the El Choco road (track) which runs from the turning to Moca at Sabaneta towards Sosua

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

my father in law is a farmer, half hour north of santiago, of course he's interested, how much? if the price is right he can get one of his sons in the capital to pick up.............

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roast pig

Any chance you're going to roast one of those little piglets one day and invite us over?
    I'd throw something into the pot or bring some goodies, whatever works best for you.
    I'm sitting here salivating like Pavlov's dog.
    Feed me please.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm sitting here salivating like Pavlov's dog.
    Feed me please.
    Gosh me too...too bad I am overseas.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    When we moved to DR a year ago to a farm we knew very little but we are learning fast..... 3 of our young sows had a total of 35 little piglets 2 weeks ago which means that the ones which are now 2.5 months old are ready to go... (unlike our lambs which are not ready yet which were posted much earlier). Anyway they have been weighed today and weigh in at 40 lbs (approx 18 kilos).
    I look forward to receiving an email about advertising on DR1, that is unless your giving the pigs away.