Banco Santa Cruz...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Wednesday 3 pm and Banco Santa cruz in sosua is closed. Anybody that knows why??

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I don't know but I did a 6000 peso withdrawel on Saturday and the transaction went through but I didn't get my money.Still trying to get it resolved.
hifiman

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
It is a Holiday specific to Sosua. San Antonio, patron saint of Sosua. Public offices and banks closed at noon today.

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Every community has its patron saint. In Samana, where I lived for many years, it is Santa Barbara. At least at that time, they had a 2 or 3 day celebration in early December

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
I don't know but I did a 6000 peso withdrawel on Saturday and the transaction went through but I didn't get my money.Still trying to get it resolved.
hifiman

Had the same problem with their ATM machine on June 4. It was only 5000
pesos but they had to file the complaint with Santo Domingo. Checked with
the bank in Sosua today but still no action. Told them I would charge
interest if they procrastinate any longer with issuing a credit to my account.
That ATM machine at the bank in Sosua is very unreliable at best.
Bear

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
When I had a problem with another ATM (Scotiabank in Sosua) saying that it was unable to dispense funds and then still debiting the 8000 pesos requested from my Santa Cruz account, Santa Cruz filled in a form for me which had to go to Santo Domingo and the money was back in my account within 7 days (I think that was 7 working days) as promised.

I find the Santa Cruz ATM annoying because it never has any paper in it to issue a receipt. I only use it during bank opening hours if there's a queue.