Warning !!! new Poison-action on Cabaretebeach_take care of your children and dogs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
Criminal irresponsible people laid poison on the beach of Cabarete. In the last 2 day 5 dead dogs (2 in front of Ocean Dream and 3 in the near of Velero) and poison also were found.
I am really waiting when the frist child will die, becase small children take all in there mouth.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
What's the poison for??? Usually in the barrios people would set poison out to kill the stray dogs.....they need to put out signs warning people of this.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
people laid poison on the beach of Cabarete. In the last 2 day 5 dead dogs

I wish someone would do the same in Las Terrenas, as there are definitely too many dogs on the beaches and also in the village !

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Criminal irresponsible people laid poison on the beach of Cabarete. In the last 2 day 5 dead dogs (2 in front of Ocean Dream and 3 in the near of Velero) and poison also were found.
I am really waiting when the frist child will die, becase small children take all in there mouth.
The perpetrators of this crime, should suffer the same fate that the new trend armed robbers should get... Death !!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As an animal lover, it incenses and horrifies me that any human being can condone the poisoning of any creature. We all know there are too many dogs in the DR but there are positive steps to take towards the control of that problem besides indiscriminate suffering and killing.

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
I wish someone would do the same in Las Terrenas, as there are definitely too many dogs on the beaches and also in the village !

and what when a child of tourist or resident eats the poison, bad luck or what ??? "Why let the parents play the children on the beach"!

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry for the dogs, but I am tired to see it more and more difficult for human beings to hang out on the beach, let alone small kids, in danger of being badly bitten or killed...

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
Sorry for the dogs, but I am tired to see it more and more difficult for human beings to hang out on the beach, let alone small kids, in danger of being badly bitten or killed...

If you don't like dogs just say that but to actually imply that they are a threat to anyone is, to be polite, loco. I agree with Rocky nobody (animal or human) deserves that fate.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you don't like dogs just say that but to actually imply that they are a threat to anyone is, to be polite, loco. I agree with Rocky nobody (animal or human) deserves that fate.

Yes, poisoning dogs is inhumane. But on this self-same beach, some of those stray dogs almost savaged my grand-daughter. So yes, they are a threat. So, to be polite ;), to imply that they are never a threat is loco in my mind.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I believe that is why dogs are now banned from the beaches at both Cabarete and Sosua but, without being fascitious, no one has been able to train the dogs to read the signs yet!! As with humans there are rogues in the animal kingdom as well....

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Cruel

Dogs are not banned from the beach, it is restricted to evening hours on a lead with their owners. The Politur enforce this. However I seem to remember either last year or the year before when stray dogs became a problem on Cabarete beach poison was also laid then. I agree with Rocky, it is a disgraceful way to get rid of animals.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
I am sorry if I hurted some sensibilities, as of course I wont approve of any cruelty towards animals.

However, it seems the dog problem is bigger in Las Terrenas than in Sosua/Cabarete...

Here is is commnon to be face to face with rottweilers, pittbulls and others on the loose... That is not good. I don t have any solution, but I would be glad to see less of those dogs.

The attack dogs usually belongs to gringos who neglect to close the gates of their garden, or who go back to Gringolandia without attending their "weapon-like" animal...

buenvidaa

Jun 14, 2007
dogs and people on the beaches

As an animal lover, it incenses and horrifies me that any human being can condone the poisoning of any creature. We all know there are too many dogs in the DR but there are positive steps to take towards the control of that problem besides indiscriminate suffering and killing.

I agree complete with what you wrote. Because of the dogs with
"owners" (just now I have no better human word): the main problem is to
e d u c a t e the dog's owners, p.e. to walk along the beaches where
the people and their children are, with dog on the LEAD. There are p.e.
enough beach parts where the animals can run free for a while , it's just a
little more to walk . But if I live with a dog, it's my duty to do best for all.
Some people arguments f o r killing the creatures just because of the
**** the animals are doing (natural thing).This as well is to be fixed by the
owners, just to have always one or two plastic bags with, for to put the
**** in, should be possible.
An another important thing: to apply to the house-owners with dogs,
to have closed their property,a lot of dogs are as well running free in
the residents areas, sometimes attacking (mostly playful), motos or
bikes. Some people are afraid and this can become bad reactions.
I wish all of you good solutions, ute

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
They used to just shoot 'em at night in Sosua. They round them up and gas them in the US. I love dogs and most animals. But they have to be controlled.
I'm not for poisoning them or killing them at all, but I sure do wish more of them were 'fixed'. Of course I could say that about a lot of mammals. Dr. Bob and Judy in Sosua do a lot towards the 'fix'. Give to your local ASPCA-type chapter and be a responsible owner. And keep your rotweillers and pit bulls away from me, I don't care how 'loving' you think they are.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
were the criminally responsible people the politur ? it sounds like an attempt to get rid of the dogs without thinking of people or children.

i think this is another example of "The Dominican Way".....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Dr. Bob and Judy in Sosua do a lot towards the 'fix'.
They have been doing a fantastic job for many years, with volunteers, their own time and money.
Sosua was like an animal farm, until they started their "street dog neutering program".

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
update: at least 10 dogs are killed, most of them had owners

it looks that this the biggest poison-skandal in Cabarete since I live here! (7 years)
One of the killed dog were owned by american people which are leaving the country the next days. A realy ?nice? goodbye present from DR. I think now they realy know why they leave!
This morning a Dominican man ask my wife if she had seen his dog, because he was searching him.
The poison seems to work very quick (around 30 minutes) so the parents or dog-owner have less time to bring it to the medice or vet.

if it continues that way, I think DR will lose a lot of tourist
- poisoning the beaches
- killing tourists in hotels
- 170 Malaria-infections in Dajabon
what happend at next?

red angel

Jan 27, 2007
I?m also dog-owner that lives since many years in an Beach-front-community in Cabarete. In former times until three years ago, i could walk my dogs whenever i wanted, altough we had much more beachdogs than now and i never had problems with them. The problem is, that now live too many people in such a small village than Cabarete. Every "Surfprofessor" has it?s dog ( and they are the one?s who will be left alone when their owners leave. ) Our dogs are watch-dogs and our best friends, who defended our propertie and lifes a lot of times, long before all that new-comers arrived who try now to make rules for us. Our dogs never go out without us, theirs do. Our dogs all where in dog-school, i never have seen one of them beeing there. So stop put in danger our dogs through your irresponible behaviour please! And you, as dog-owners with experience must know, that watch-dogs defend their territory much more than a cowardly dominican dog. ( We have one ourselfs).We saved the lifes of many beach-dogs (through hard work) so leave us in peace! Beside this we observed that your dogs leave "their things" everywhere while their owners are on the water, we have allways bags with us, in case that "something " happens. And the **** of dogs is the main reason that nowbody wants to have them on the beach! Think that over! If you have not the possibility to maintain a dog without molesting others leave it! In the other case will happen all those terrible things that we have to go through every year!. Still a word to the ?Gentleman? of las Terrenas: If you once will leave this world, I hope it will as painfull and horrible as the poisoned dogs have to die.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For those who are thinking of tearing red_angel apart for his/her accusatory style, please take into account, that English is clearly not his/her native tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.