car rental insurance ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Was wondering people's opinions on buying the additional car insurance? Is it advisable or necessary? These are the rates from the National website

Loss Damage Waiver (15.00 US$ per day)
Personal Accident Insurance (4.75 US$ per day)
Deductible Protection (0.00 US$ per day)
Tire and Windscreen Insurance (3.00 US$)

Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If your credit card company covers rental insurance you don't need this. This will in effect almost double the price of the car.

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Double the rental price

Thanks for the tip. I will look into whether or not any of our credit cards cover this. I have this coverage for rentals with my auto insurance in Canada but it does not cover rentals in the D.R.

el_platano10

Jun 14, 2007
360.yahoo.com
If you have a discover card, this card will cover the vehicle, thats what i'm doing for my trip next week or if you have a citi card. getting the companies insurance will cost you to much money. just make sure yo do your homework before making a decision.

Feb 7, 2007
Your card may cover the damage, but you will be charged deductible by a car rental company if you have accident, and then you have to reclaim it from your credit card company. I know from my own experience with this company. If you do not purchase insurance, you will be blocked at your credit card about 5000 dollars!!

You can also buy LDW, which will give you a deductible of about 800 dollars, which will be blocked off your card. If you have accident, you pay 800 dollars.

You can buy extenden LDW (with 0 deductible) at about 5 dollars per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.