Claro question...........

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
..............this has been a problem with my phones (more than one) for quite a while and I just decided to get around to ask if others experience the same....(Claro and previously Verizon).
My phones are post paid with a "factura" (in case that matters) :ermm:

1. When I receive calls from the US the number usually starts with a "1" which means the last digit of the number is left off. So if I am not familiar with the number.........I still don't know it even after they called. It's also impossible to call them back unless you want to try up to 10 different times replacing the last number with 1,2,3,4 etc.!!!! :paranoid::paranoid:

2. About 90 percent of the time, whenever I get or make calls to the US from my cell phones about 3-4 minutes into the call the line has so much noise on it that I can't hear anything............yet the other side hears me fine........:angry::angry:

Anyone else experience these same problems and/or have any solutions???

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
..............this has been a problem with my phones (more than one) for quite a while and I just decided to get around to ask if others experience the same....(Claro and previously Verizon).

2. About 90 percent of the time, whenever I get or make calls to the US from my cell phones about 3-4 minutes into the call the line has so much noise on it that I can't hear anything............yet the other side hears me fine........:angry::angry:

re: #2. I also have the monthly billing plan, and the exact same problem after a few minutes.
I don't remember having this problem in the past.
As best as I know, it started a few months ago.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Phone Display

1. When I receive calls from the US the number usually starts with a "1" which means the last digit of the number is left off. So if I am not familiar with the number.........I still don't know it even after they called. It's also impossible to call them back unless you want to try up to 10 different times replacing the last number with 1,2,3,4 etc.!!!! :paranoid::paranoid:

Reply to #1. Most of the phones only have a 10 digit display area. They should not be forwarding the 1 to the caller ID. In the USA/Canada the 1 does not show on the display, only the area code, nxx, line number. Calls from other than world zone 1(meaning uses area code) will be missing more that, as some of them are much longer by the time you get the country code, city code and then the rest of the number. this happens in the US on calls from my daughter in Europe.

This also happens with Orange.