Santo Domingo city centre to PUJ airport

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I've searched the forum and there are zillions of threads about getting from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana, but they all seem to be focused on getting from the capital or SDQ to Bavaro, the resort area. I need to get from SD city centre to the Punta Cana airport. I suppose the Bavaro Express goes to Bavaro, not the airport. Am I right, or does the Bavaro Express has a parada at the airport?
Should I take the Bavaro Express and get a taxi or local guagua from Bavaro to the airport, or is better to get any bus from the capital to Higuey and change there for a bus from Higuey to the aiport?
I have plenty of travel time.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Unless something has changed recently, you will need to take a taxi from the parada in Bavaro to the airport.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
There is a daily Expresso that goes by the airport. It leaves Sto. Dgo. at 2:15 (I believe) and instead of turning left at the lights to head towards Bavaro it goes straight on towards the airport all the way to CapCana.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Great info! Unfortunately that?s a bit too late for me, my flight is at 6.50 pm... Does that bus leave from Parque Enriquillo in SD?

Feb 7, 2007
The Bavaro bus terminal in Higuey (SITRABAPU) also runs busses and expresos to Punta Cana that pass by the airport. They do not enter, leave you at the entrance, It's about 250 meters walk, so if you got heavy bags this option is not for you.

Other option you have is take the Bavaro express from SDQ to Bavaro, and tell the "cobrador" to leave you in Cruce Veron at the "Beron Taxi" terminal. The taxi would be about 10 dollars. It WILL be cheaper to do it this way than go all the way to the bus terminal in Bavaro and taking a taxi there.