Pepper Plants

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I have been asked to find the following pepper plants.

The Red Savina pepper is a cultivar of the habanero chile (Capsicum chinense Jacquin), which has been selectively bred to produce hotter, heavier, and larger peppers. It is also commonly known as the Dominican Devil's Tongue :p Pepper.

Does anyone know where I can find them, preferablly in Santiago?

Don SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Thanks

Thanks Juanita.

I forwarded that to my son in Florida as he was the one to request it from me.

He probably wants me to bring him some back,
since they are know as "Dominican Devil's :lick: Tongue Peppers"

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Juanita:

Thank you so much for that link.

I have friends in Constanza who will grow veggies for me if I provide the seeds.
I m adicted to yellow squash, rutabagas, and other veggies unobtainable here in the DR and have been looking for a source to those items. I have now found it.
The item "Vadalia Onions" was of particular help since those are the BEST onions i have ever tasted. They make an excellent addition to a green salad without a harsh taste.

So, thanks again.

Texas Bill

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Juanita:

Thank you so much for that link.

I have friends in Constanza who will grow veggies for me if I provide the seeds.
I m adicted to yellow squash, rutabagas, and other veggies unobtainable here in the DR and have been looking for a source to those items. I have now found it.
The item "Vadalia Onions" was of particular help since those are the BEST onions i have ever tasted. They make an excellent addition to a green salad without a harsh taste.

So, thanks again.

Texas Bill
Wouldn't seeds be considered "plants" and against import? I don't know, I'm asking.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Robert:

I guess that answers our questions about "seeds".
I'm ordering squash, vadalia onions, rutabagas, turnips, and several others. Can't seem to find "sweet potatoes", however. These are grown from 'slips' cut from the veggie itself and probably wouldn't survive the journey.
Maybe I can get enough to satisfy my 'hunger' for those foods I was raised on, eventually. Sure hope so. Getting tired of 'rice and beans' all the time. It's got to where I even hate chicken all the time. And I really like good 'southern fried chicken' and other 'southern dishes'.

Now, before you all jump down my throat, remember that I'm 80 years old and rather set in my ways, which include eating what I like.

Be good now.

Texas Bill

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Robert:

I guess that answers our questions about "seeds".
I'm ordering squash, vadalia onions, rutabagas, turnips, and several others. Can't seem to find "sweet potatoes", however. These are grown from 'slips' cut from the veggie itself and probably wouldn't survive the journey.
Maybe I can get enough to satisfy my 'hunger' for those foods I was raised on, eventually. Sure hope so. Getting tired of 'rice and beans' all the time. It's got to where I even hate chicken all the time. And I really like good 'southern fried chicken' and other 'southern dishes'.

Now, before you all jump down my throat, remember that I'm 80 years old and rather set in my ways, which include eating what I like.

Be good now.

Texas Bill
Grow the turnips fast, Bill. Mom CB is coming down. She's a true Southern Belle, a feisty 79, and makes the BEST turnip greens on the planet.

Maybe we need to do a "southern pan fried chicken" cookout, all southern foods...;)

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Robert:

I'll support that cookout 100%.

Bring the turnips and greens (canned, of course), the yams and hominy and I'll be forever in your debt.

I'll make the cornbread (both fried and baked).

When do you wanna do this thing????

Texas Bill

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Robert:

I'll support that cookout 100%.

Bring the turnips and greens (canned, of course), the yams and hominy and I'll be forever in your debt.

I'll make the cornbread (both fried and baked).

When do you wanna do this thing????

Texas Bill
Canned, hell! I'll have Mom CB do a mess and put them in sealed plastic bags. She makes killer Johnny Cakes, too, sweet cornbread.

slrguy

Oct 17, 2006
Damn, guys. I'm from NC, but living mostly in Florida for 20 years, now. You make me wanna buy another ticket to RD, just to get some decent southern cooking! ;) What can I bring? LOL