Undecided

rotondo

Jun 18, 2007
I Am Planning To Retire In A Few Months-been Looking At D.r. And Panama.

I Have Not Been Able To Find Perks Or Incentives From D.r. Like Panama Offers-discounts For Seniors-bringing Of Your Own Car Etc.

Does D .r. Offer Any Incentives At All.

Thanks

B

batich

Cars. Yes (on paper)

I Am Planning To Retire In A Few Months-been Looking At D.r. And Panama.

I Have Not Been Able To Find Perks Or Incentives From D.r. Like Panama Offers-discounts For Seniors-bringing Of Your Own Car Etc.

Does D .r. Offer Any Incentives At All.

Thanks

On paper - yes. You are entitled to over 50% discount of import tax (about $10 000 on Lexus LX470). But in reality this provision is accompanied by so many written and not written restrictions and conditions that a friend of mine in the end paid in kick-backs and bribes and lawyer fees almost the same amount that he saved. $1200 just for three months "storage" in the port only.

Without good and well-connected lawyer dealing with the Customs is very tough. And lawyers here charge from rich gringos alot .

I can speak of only one car related case that I am personally aware of. Maybe other people had more luck.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Pinnochio Boy

Batich:
I guess this thread was another one of your fables.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/58978-finding-2007-2006-suv-anywhere-dr-2.html#post485170
I can buy one for you in NY at a wholesale closed auction for dealers only. I have licence. It will have guaranteed mileage and accident-free history. And in total will cost several Gs less then if purchased in DR.
Most of the cars are off-lease or trade-ins.
It is possible to find a vehicle to any price range.
Shipping to DR takes about three weeks.

I shipped several cars to Sosua before. If interested - let me know.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "LEGEND",.... In His Own Mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People say what they want you to hear! Not what thet think you might find in the "Archives"!!!!!

DR1 has a VERY LONG memorie!!

You should do a "Find All Posts" on "AZB"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He changes his mind,like he should be changing his underwear!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC