Shipping from West Coast

A

Abi

Please can anyone give me some suggestions on how to ship a crate from the West Coast? It will have household items and will be the size of 4'X8' or less. We would like to ship out of Oregon but Washington or Calif. are possibiliies. Any input is welcome.
Do you have an idea of the costs?
Is it still true that new residents get a one time break at the aduana and pay less or nothing?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
ABI, we sent everything via evergreen in LA(from Arizona) we rented a 40?ontainer and got it deliver to causedo for 4100usd including in ground transportations from my house in AZ to the port in CA.
In regards to the tax break I believe that was for Dominican citizen.I ll ask my wife that is more familiar with the whole process. Maybe I can get you the info also. When are you planing of sending your belongings?
If your moving you might need to get a consular letter stating that your relocating to DR so you can get a tax break. contact Dominican consul in NYC since don't know if the CA office is still open.
PM so I can help you more

A

Abi

Hi Chola!
YES!!!!!!!! Please give me any help possible. do you have a phone number for Evergreen?
Thank you so very much!