Buying in Juan Dolio???

ArizonaDave

Jun 18, 2007
I have begun the process to find a home in DR - most probably in the Juan Dolio area judging from my research so far. I will be visiting DR next month to begin the physical search. I own property in several parts of the world so I am somewhat familiar with the complexities of buying in forgeign countries. My plan is to move to DR in 2008. I am in the real estate business specializing in land investing. I would like to "sort of" retire when I sell my brokerage next year but I know that I will want to continue to work/invest in real estate. Mostly I would like to spend my mornings at the beach for breakfast. Then spend the days exploring, fishing or just visiting with friends. Is there anyone in the Juan Dolio area who would like to share some thoughts?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
What kinds of thoughts would you like shared????
If you have questions, post them here or send a PM.

ArizonaDave

Jun 18, 2007
I suppose one thought would be... Where to stay in Juan Dolio for 10 days or so. Two of us arriving about July 18. A 2 BR apt not far from the beach would be nice. I don't think we want a tourist type hotel. We plan to rent a car and explore - Most the SD area and East. Looking for property to buy and a house - probably near the beach.
Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You can rent apts in Hemingway- 350us$ anight on the beach. Tel: Evelyn Cueto 809 526 2202. Or in Plaza Real (off the beach but on main st, have pool but older apts at 50us$ a night) tel: 809 526 1374.

Matilda

ArizonaDave

Jun 18, 2007
Many thanks to you all. I have a direction to head when I get there. I will be in touch! Thanks again. Just can't wait 'til I get there!

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
how much

how much is hemingways and where is it?i mean a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
how much is hemingways and where is it?i mean a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom

2 or 3 bed. To buy they start at around 375,000 us$ and go up to 540,000. it is on boulevard in Villas del Mar just next to the Capella. It was the old metro hotel. Starfish resorts.

In my Residencial Marie Michell. There they want to sell a big apartment for 60.000 US Dollars.
It need kitchen and bathroom renovation.
If you are interested. You come to my house Number 104 in this Residencial.
When Auabella is finished. Then it is near to Aquabella and a marine
80 meters from the beach.
Nearby six restaurants and bars.
I have a lot of clients for renting apartments (Tourists)
I can rent the apartment for you.