Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention parents and dog owners in Sosua! New poisoning cases

Just got the information, from Judy and Dr. Bob, that several dogs in Sosua got poisoned. The first cases came in to the clinic Last night, from Thuesday to Wednesday June 20.

So, parents and dog owners, watch out, because the poison in the streets and at the beach is not only deadly for the dogs but very dangerous for children too!

The police in Sosua offered their help and wants to investigate who put the poison out and help clean the stuff away in case we find it. So just you know, if you see some police guys around dogs, their trying to help, and not to poison them!

They also asked us to let them know where dogs got poisoned. So in case you see some poisoned food or you know where a dog died please let the police know. Solis Rosario is the new police capitan in Sosua, he's investigating the case.

Beachdogi.com and Asociación De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosúa, Inc.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

MMMmmmm... large scale dog poisoning in Cabarete and Sosua? A mini crime wave in Cabarete? What does this tell the long time residents?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

"MMMmmmm... large scale dog poisoning in Cabarete and Sosua? A mini crime wave in Cabarete? What does this tell the long time residents?"

Relating to crime it might Depend if they are wild street dogs or home pets inside property boundaries that are being poisoned.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    MMMmmmm... large scale dog poisoning in Cabarete and Sosua? A mini crime wave in Cabarete? What does this tell the long time residents?
    As of the crime wave in Cabarete, that tells the thieves finally left Las Terrenas, now that the village looks like "Robocop-town"

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

What Chris is alluding to is a old trick that burglars have been doing for many years.
    They poison the dogs, wait for people to get used to no longer having a dog to protect their property, then a few weeks later, their houses get broken into.
    In this case the armed criminals who have been causing havoc in the Cabarete area, probably want to get rid of all the dogs they can, as dogs bark and could give away their position, when they are casing a joint.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong but I have a feeling that these dog poisoners are not potential robbers.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    I may be wrong but I have a feeling that these dog poisoners are not potential robbers.
    You could very well be right.
    I was just explaining what Chris was writing about.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and I understand that thinking.... and guess it makes sense if you are a robber 'cos I wouldn't want to be confronted by our 8 dogs!!! Both big and small can be aggresive if they think there is a late night intruder about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If the poison is on the beach than it is not for robbery. When they want to rob a house they poison the dog first.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

yep, that makes sense but indiscriminate poisoning of dogs on the beaches does not make sense

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast