Attention parents and dog owners in Sosua! New poisoning cases

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Just got the information, from Judy and Dr. Bob, that several dogs in Sosua got poisoned. The first cases came in to the clinic Last night, from Thuesday to Wednesday June 20.

So, parents and dog owners, watch out, because the poison in the streets and at the beach is not only deadly for the dogs but very dangerous for children too!

The police in Sosua offered their help and wants to investigate who put the poison out and help clean the stuff away in case we find it. So just you know, if you see some police guys around dogs, their trying to help, and not to poison them!

They also asked us to let them know where dogs got poisoned. So in case you see some poisoned food or you know where a dog died please let the police know. Solis Rosario is the new police capitan in Sosua, he's investigating the case.

Beachdogi.com and Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc.

james

Jan 14, 2002
"MMMmmmm... large scale dog poisoning in Cabarete and Sosua? A mini crime wave in Cabarete? What does this tell the long time residents?"

Relating to crime it might Depend if they are wild street dogs or home pets inside property boundaries that are being poisoned.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
MMMmmmm... large scale dog poisoning in Cabarete and Sosua? A mini crime wave in Cabarete? What does this tell the long time residents?
As of the crime wave in Cabarete, that tells the thieves finally left Las Terrenas, now that the village looks like "Robocop-town" ;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What Chris is alluding to is a old trick that burglars have been doing for many years.
They poison the dogs, wait for people to get used to no longer having a dog to protect their property, then a few weeks later, their houses get broken into.
In this case the armed criminals who have been causing havoc in the Cabarete area, probably want to get rid of all the dogs they can, as dogs bark and could give away their position, when they are casing a joint.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yes, and I understand that thinking.... and guess it makes sense if you are a robber 'cos I wouldn't want to be confronted by our 8 dogs!!! Both big and small can be aggresive if they think there is a late night intruder about.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If the poison is on the beach than it is not for robbery. When they want to rob a house they poison the dog first.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
crime wave in cabarete

MMMmmmm... large scale dog poisoning in Cabarete and Sosua? A mini crime wave in Cabarete? What does this tell the long time residents?
I feel it as a maxi crime. And it tells me,I'm long time resident, that as every year before special events or holidays the beaches had been "cleaned", so that they meet the well coloured pictures in the prospects for tourists, means
what some selling people here means to have to present them.This last
murder-work now again in Cabarete and as well Sosua was the biggest I know.This was done in other well known tourist places as well, p.e. playa dorada. The very problem is, that Cabarete is not an isolated holiday park with beach, this as a mixed community as we all know. Most residents have dogs, some long time tourists come with their dogs ,and lot of tourists like to see and to contact dogs as a part of natural life, what they often miss in their homearea.
We where used always before this events to stay for a while at home with our
animals or went by car (in case existing, I don't have) to other places.
But now it is really enough, I am full with beeing angry/helpless/sad and so on,but hopeful to find together with other's a way to reach maybe a rest of
human feeling in the killers which are thinking to have to place the poison in their interest. To explain them how stupid *deceitful *cowardly*they acted, knowing nothing what nature is .They meaned primary the straydogs (had been at last just 4 here and always the same, protecting the area, doing good work), and a lot of housedogs of us died. This is an absolutely inexcusable intervention in life of others.
For some people here:>>>a word to our housedogs: not all are"waepons", as
described,in the last "poison"-forum, but our good beloved and vigilant friends.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
good eatin'

I just found out where your cats and dogs are going... they're been eaten by a man in Los Cocos barrio in Puerto Plata. The police raided this man's house and found him ready to have his main course, a dog. You can read the story:
< A HREF ="http://www.elnacional.com.do">CLICK HERE</A>

buen apetito,

zeus.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Actually, I just wanted to sound the alarm to you pets owners. My apologies if I touched a nerve. I love animals myself.

zeus, (under a rock).

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Elusive Frog

....frog's legs on the menu....

Catch me if you can. :laugh:

hoppju5.gif

m'frog
(se fue)

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
I feel it as a maxi crime. And it tells me,I'm long time resident, that as every year before special events or holidays the beaches had been "cleaned", so that they meet the well coloured pictures in the prospects for tourists, means
what some selling people here means to have to present them.This last
murder-work now again in Cabarete and as well Sosua was the biggest I know. The very problem is, that Cabarete is not an isolated holiday park with beach, this as a mixed community as we all know. Most residents have dogs, some long time tourists come with their dogs ,and lot of tourists like to see and to contact dogs as a part of natural life, what they often miss in their homearea.
We where used always before this events to stay for a while at home with our
animals or went by car (in case existing, I don't have) to other places.
But now it is really enough, I am full with beeing angry/helpless/sad and so on,but hopeful to find together with other's a way to reach maybe a rest of
human feeling in the killers which are thinking to have to place the poison in their interest. To explain them how stupid *deceitful *cowardly*they acted, knowing nothing what nature is .They meaned primary the straydogs (had been at last just 4 here and always the same, protecting the area, doing good work), and a lot of housedogs of us died. This is an absolutely inexcusable intervention in life of others.
For some people here:>>>a word to our housedogs: not all are"waepons", as
described,in the last "poison"-forum, but our good beloved and vigilant friends.

Sabra, you are absolutly right, I think 100% the same!!! This madness should be stopped forever!!!!!!!

Last Wednesday was a meeting with the Assosiation Amigos Animales Sosua
where some owners of the killed dogs where also there. To some of the last posters before (I think they know hows I mean). Your posts are realy not funny and I think the owners of the killed dogs feel the same!!! Perhaps you should ask the person which were walking with there leashed dog on a public street and the dog eats something that lay on the street and 15 minutes later the dog was dead! Something equal could happen with a playing child!!
And you can be shure by a child it doesn?t last longer and the parents have very less chance to save its life!!! The poison is so strong that it kills dogs with around 60 pounds in 15 -20 minutes.

Questions to Chris:
Why you changed this thread from north coast to living? It happend on the north coast and its also an important information for tourists with childs. Does someone dont like that tourist read the thread?
Why you closed the Cabarete poison thread? It was absolutly not finished!

Last edited: