Getting a Real Estate License

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I was wondering if anyone knew of any Real Estate Licensing courses here in the Dominican Republic, preferably, Santo Domingo. I am aware that most Real Estate agents are not licensed in the DR but I would like to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes, it exists. Look in the yellow pages etc for the local association.

The reason you don't here about it, is because the course is conducted in Spanish and most brokers/agents that deal with foreigners do not speak Spanish, so they don't or can't take the course. Plus it's not mandatory :)

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
While on the topic, I have heard that if you would like be an agent with some companies, like Remax, that you have to pay a fee of about 100 000 pesos. Is there any truth to this? As for the liscense are there any advantages to having it?

I'm thinking that real estate might be a good field for me when I return to the DR, I'm fluent in Spanish, Enlgish, French and Italian, I figure I could be a good match for just about any prospective buyer.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I'm answering my own question but I found a place just in case others have the same question in the future.

The Instituto Nacional de Formacion Inmobiliaria

Instituto Nacional de Formacion Inmobiliaria

They offer intensive real estate licensing courses. Supposedly, they were the first of any such institute in the country.

Will keep looking for more.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Wow ... I have seen everything here .. meaning real estate agents selling houses that wasn't even for sale.....trying to rent apts were renters still had a lease... i wish the government required a license....por favor Dios

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Whether licensed or not...
applying some good/decent sales practices might go a long way -
like follow-ups when promised... timely arrival & service

Most are non-existent and infuriate buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.