Corporal Punishment

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
In the U.S., the government so entrenched much in the family nucleus the parenting is no longer seems to be necessary. Little girls no longer need parental consent or even in form the parent (the mother since it is only a woman?s right) to have an abortion. However, the parents (BOTH) are immediately informed and need to become involve if there are complications with the abortion. If there is any kind of corporal punishment involved in disciplining a child, the parent incarcerated for assault however, the same infraction done outside house might give cause for a police officer to beat or sometimes-deadly force is used with impunity. Weird---yes? What are the laws governing parenting and corporal punishment here?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
YOU are permitted to discipline your child in NYC. Most parents have been made to believe otherwise. YOU cannot beat your child into the ground but you are able to hit your child. I know detectives in the Child Abuse Squad in the Police Department. They might be called out because the child has reported the parent to the school but ..... no if the parent says that they are discipling their child than that is ok.

YOU know the difference between discipline and beating.

This topic has come up a couple of times about how you can't discipline your child in the states and I've kept my mouth shut-- but I'm tired of these little monsters ruling the world.

The children are a pleasure to deal with in the DR!