BAR

W

William Leslie

That's for sure. There will soon be 1 bar for each tourist and all the bars will go out of business.

T

Teresa

These are the things I would like to know,and it is not certain I'll start a business in Sosua.I've got a pretty good concept that will work almost anywhere(I think).I have never done business in the D.R. so I would like to know what you defenitly shouldn't do and the things you defenitly should.For example is it better to buy an existing business or buy the premises and build one my self?,is it worth my while?If I for example invest an amount of money is there a steady tourist presence yearly round?.Thanks for your trouble.

T

Teresa

To Ed and Williamleslie,well if there are that many it seems to me that the local-authority shouldn't give out any more permits.And beside's that I love some good competition.

E

Ed

If as you mentioned you are not familiar with the DR or Sosua, I can only suggest that you come down for a while and have a look around before making any decisions. There are existing businesses for rent and/or sale. You must take into consideration that the "ALL INCLUSIVE" concept which is so popular is not helping out the local bars/restaurants. We can only hope it will GO AWAY. (I doubt it). Anyway good luck with your venture and , who knows, you may do GREAT.
Eddy

T

Teresa

Thank you,I will certainly take your advice.I've been several times to the D.R.,but that was as a tourist so that is different.That's why I would like to know some inside information about the local social culture,and in that perspective the do's and dont's when doing business there.Greetings from Hollanda

E

Ed

PS.
I believe there is only 1 Dutch Bar in Sosua and quite a few Dutch tourists.