Cheap,small wedding in Sosua???

Funkyflower

Jun 22, 2007
My boyfriend and I are flying out to Sosua on 21st November 2007,and are both hoping to get married there,anytime.We are staying until 4th December 2007,And have our heart sets on getting married in Dominican republic.Where is the nearest registry ofice?We do not want a very big do just a small thing just us two,together.So I have looked everywhere for answers how would we get a cheap and small do?Iam aware about the legal requirements and translating to spanish but could someone please help me about a register office.
could you let me know please.It would be a great help :)
Thank you.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My boyfriend and I are flying out to Sosua on 21st November 2007,and are both hoping to get married there,anytime.We are staying until 4th December 2007,And have our heart sets on getting married in Dominican republic.Where is the nearest registry ofice?We do not want a very big do just a small thing just us two,together.So I have looked everywhere for answers how would we get a cheap and small do?Iam aware about the legal requirements and translating to spanish but could someone please help me about a register office.
could you let me know please.It would be a great help :)
Thank you.
I'm not an expert on the matter, but I do believe you have to go to City Hall on Ayuntamiento street for the permit, and you will need all your ID, of course, and I think I heard something recently about having to have a document that ascertains that you are single.
As for where to have the wedding, you could do it on the beach, weather providing, or a small bar/restaurant.

Funkyflower

Jun 22, 2007
cheap and simple wedding

Thank you,for replying,but how would i go about in finding information about,where the town hall is?Can someone get married at 18?How many days until i should apply?Im sorry for being a pain,never been married before lol.But we just want it to be private,even if its in a town hall,have the "I do's" there and then return to the hotel ; Casa Marina Beach in Sosua.With no fuss.This is something we both want to do,no fancy bits e.g no cake,no wedding dress,no wedding suite just a very simple ceremony on one day then carry on with our holiday.
Write back please.
Thank you very much. =)