Death wish or standard work procedure?

edguzman

Mar 16, 2007
I have never seen somthing sooooo crazy in the 7 years that I have been working in the electrical field...

ed

Sep 19, 2005
I have never seen somthing sooooo crazy in the 7 years that I have been working in the electrical field...

ed
actually ed there is a photo floating around( I have seen it here) with a man walking across a huge series of wires( maybe 20-30) running at all different levels. Just the wiring lines look like a nightmare, but this guy is standing on one line and leaning on the next, and appears to making his way across the mess to a specific line!!!!!!! ten times crazier than the video here.
bob

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
This is the newest method in hooking up electric wires, it just hasn't made it to the US, Canada, or Europe. They are behind on the times.

G

gary short

Incredible.......I've seen some crazy linemen stunts in my time but this takes the cake.........wouldn't that hurt your nuts??????????

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I was thinking the same thing, but these guys have balls of steel to begin with, so it probably doesnt bother them.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
And who's to say that these wires have live current. WTF is going to be so stupid as to climb to a poll with live electricity I mean 460 + volts deep fry.
But then, this is DR.
zues.;)

Sep 19, 2005
And who's to say that these wires have live current. WTF is going to be so stupid as to climb to a poll with live electricity I mean 460 + volts deep fry.
But then, this is DR.
zues.;)

zeus how do birds and squirrels sit and run on those wires and not get fried?...I think the lines are insulated..other wise everytime it rained the current would run down the water line. But i would think that the lines dont have power because it looks like they are trying to run another line . Even though it seems to be a better idea to connect it on the ground and they both carry their end up the pole...instead of trying to meet in the middle for a hand off.

bob

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
And They Only Make A Few Thousand Pesos a Month!!

That's why "ELECTRICITY" is Soooooooooooooooooo "CHEAP" here???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the lines have no power in them, in any case, if you only hang on to one line and go not touch the other line or ground, then you are all fine. You can sit on 1000 volts ac if there is no ground connection. This is why birds sit on the lines and not get fried. Now if the bird takes a dump and his waste stretches down to to connect with the wire below, then he is fried. This is why snakes get friend because they climb on the pole and then try to get on the wire when part of their body is still on the pole.

So here is the trick to getting out of your car if a live electrical cable falls on to your car. The trick is to stay inside the car as the rubber tires are insulating you from ground. You will be fine. But if you must jump out, make sure you jump out with your whole body flying out and landing on the ground without having any part of your body touching the car. if at any instant your body is still touching the car's metal body and you touch ground with your leg, you are deep fried.
AZB

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
or

Also make sure that your far enough away to avoid the ARC. 110k lines will arc about 5 feet.

G

gary short

And shuffle away..if the voltage is high enough, the step potential can KILL you.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Electricity is not cheap here at all. That is why Dominican Resident have been lead to believe. I lived in Los Angeles county, with air conditioner runing we used about 200 a month in Summer temperature outside over 100Fo+ Considering income level your over price, and under service When have you spend 20 years without a blackout? Most pricing here it quite high for what you getting for salary, or service.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The TOP wire on that pole is a NEUTRAL WIRE. Any energized conductor is always posted on an insulator. Those lines look to be transmission lines (as opposed to lower voltage distribution lines) I am sure the grid was shut down as induced voltage on the neutral would have created "huevos fritos"....I worked transmission and distribution lines for a U.S. electric company many years ago....I gotta say, we NEVER did anything like that....

I guess bucket trucks don't exist in the DR

Sep 19, 2005
I guess bucket trucks don't exist in the DR

you wont see them very frequently, as long as the company can find guys like those two to do it .

for one time never seems to be a factor for many companies to GET THINGS DONE...and you could pay 100 guys like those guys for a year and not be able to buy a used POS bucket truck.