Need some help....

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
Hi every one

Im just wondering if some one can help me....
I would like to go to the Canadian Embassy in Haiti on my next visit to DR. But how do i get there, how do i get a visa, how much will it cost me?
( I sent in my papers last October to sponsor my spouse and only in April did Haiti start processing them...But nothing yet...I know it has to do with our age difference and the fact that we got married within a month, that is why i would like to go directly to Haiti.)

Thanks for any responses

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In my honest opinion you are wasting not only your time but a lot of money and they may not see you.

If they haven't contacted your husband for an interview he hasn't been rejected yet. You're not the only one waiting a long time.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, having worked for immigration, all I can tell you is that these things take time, if they started processing in April, you should be ok. Basically if i takes about a year it's going how its supposed to.

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
...Hasn't been rejected yet.....wow...ur you saying that the longer they take is cause he is gonne be rejected....

Well in July it will be our first year anniversery :)

From what i've been reading most take 7-9 months.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
no, what she said is that it hasn't been rejected yet, I believe the rejection would come sooner. Really all you can do is wait, it's a long wait, I know, I don't agree with it, but that's just how it is.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Question, don't they have a Canadian Embassy in the DR or is this question in reference to a Haitian. Just curious. Why would you have to go to the Canadian Embassy in Haiti if there is one in the DR. I'm not being rude just trying to understand.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
yes we have a canadian embassy in dr but for immigration purpose all is do it in the canadian embassy in haiti.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
For some reason that's where all the visa applications are processed. Don't know if there is a particular reason, maybe the Haiti embassy is larger than the one in the DR?

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
Hi tarrantino

You're right it is much simpler to go to the embassy in Santo Domingo but the sponsor papers sre processed at the Canadian embassy in Haiti. The papers go to Santo Domingo embassy when the spouse gets an interview.
But yes we are also going to the one in Santo Domingo.
I spoke to a lawyer about our age difference and the fact that we got married within a month and he suggested to go the Canadian embassy in Haiti.

( ur not being rude at all, thanks for taking the time to respond )

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
For some reason that's where all the visa applications are processed. Don't know if there is a particular reason, maybe the Haiti embassy is larger than the one in the DR?

Not every country will have an immigration office, immigration offices are spread every few countries and work as a hub for the region. I imagine that the embassy is bigger in Haiti, seeing that there are 60 000 hatian canadians in montreal alone, there is a bigger need for the immigration office there.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
So are you a woman or a man? You're name suggests that you would be a man. If so, how could you get married in the DR?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
IF they started the process on April just hang tight, lot's of time to wait yet. Don't spend money on lawyers and rushing to Haiti till they call him for an interview and that's done in SD.

We have many members here that started before you and are still waiting.

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
I know AnnaC
I know some members are still waiting and some that started the whole process at the same time as me have gotten the call. It just hard for the ones who are waiting....
And i know are age difference and the fast marriage makes them wonder more i just dont know what else to do to prove to them .....I've been going to DR every 6 weeks or so .....

caro

Sep 24, 2003
may I ask how much is the age difference?

I know a woman who get the visa for his husband and they have many year difference .....

caro

Sep 24, 2003
the woman I told to you have 19 year difference ...

maybe at the time of the interview he will have some question about that but don t think that will be something to slow the process. for my part I think they will more look at the fact you get married so fast then the age difference ....but I am not immigrant agent .