Nice Little Hotel?

In my opinion

Jun 24, 2007
This question has more then likely been asked to death, but here I go. My wife and I are taking our 1st. trip to the DR this Aug. for a long weekend. Were looking to stay along the North coast. Can anyone recomend a hotel that is clean and comfortable that maybe serves breakfast?
I'd like to keep the prices down around $75 US, if that is not do-able let me know. Water front is nice but not needed.
I'll be looking over the forum in the coming weeks for more information.

Thanks for your help.

IMO

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
If Cabarete is your final destination...

Check Hotel Cabarete Palm Beach Condos and Studios for studios that should fall in your price range. Ocean/beach view from your room/balcony. Very convenient & in the middle of everything.

Other hotels in Cabarete in your price range
Hotel Cabarete Dominican Republic : Cita del Sol, Cabarete Dominican Republic, R?publique Dominicaine, Dominikanische Republik, Republica Dominicana (across street from beach in center of town)
Cabarete hotel Dominican Republic?Puerto Plata - Cabarete windsurfing and kitesurfing (next to cita del sol)

Any of those (and many more) would fit in your price range in Cabarete.
August is a pretty busy month... so book early.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004

In my opinion

Jun 24, 2007
Thanks for the replies. Now I know how much $ to bring with me. How far in advance do you thionk I should book the trip?

solution

Jul 12, 2007
www.globalbagtag.com
Heeya..

I was too looking for such apartment and I have heard about Hotel Cabarete Palm Beach Condos and Studios, I am thinking of getting there when I get there.
Anyways thanks for sharing all the information there..

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
It depends on when you are coming but Palm Beach is much more expensive. And If I'm right they do not rent for one or two nights. Also they are not "Dominican friendly" and scorn clients brining in local guests. Big turn off for me! Cita Del Sol is right across the street and much more afordable and fun!
I know I live there! We have the biggest pool in town, high speed internet, 80 channels of cable TV, 24 hour security, electricity, hot water, kitchens.
All apartments are one bedrooms, most with 2 beds in the bedroom and pull out beds in the living room.
Shameless plug, but hey it's all true!!!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
In Cabarete, the Windsurf Hotel has been owned and operated for well over a decade by a Canadian who is on the island most of the time. Staff is friendly and you will have a one-bedroom condo with a kitchen. The on-site restaurant is good; there is a pool, pool bar, beautiful although compact grounds, and it is close to the beach. They have a relationship with the BIC Windsurf Centre a few blocks away to give you access to beach, plus a friendly headquarters on the beach. One word of warning--they have begun construction on new condos next door, so I am not sure if there is a noise factor to be aware of.

Reasonable prices, very good location.