Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

If you happen to be in Mirador Sur, and notice someone dancing crazily in the streets, that'll be me.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This makes me so happy! The first thing I did when I went back to the UK recently was go out for a curry. I can't wait to try this restaurant out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiting for feedback

As soon As I go to Santo Domingo this restaurant will be my first stop but I hope it is really a restaurant not a place to enroll people for Krisna.
    This is the feeling I had watching the website.

I wait feedback from people from La capitale.

Pedro

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Taste of India is run in the family home of an Indian man who teaches at an international school in Santo Domingo. If you're interested in eating there on Friday or Saturday night (a buffet) , be sure to reserve in advance, or you risk arriving and finding they're not cooking that night because no one booked. The owners speak English and are very friendly, but this isn't a full-time restaurant. Rates are reasonable and the food is decent. The weekday lunch specials have been too heavy on starches and had too little meat and vegetables.

For those who want to cook Indian food themselves. Asiatico Asian market (on 27 de Febrero esq. Ave. Privada) sells a variety of Indian ingredients and condiments.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    If you happen to be in Mirador Sur, and notice someone dancing crazily in the streets, that'll be me.
    I'll join you, I just wish SD was closer my mouth is watering

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Taste o india is closed for an unknown period , until they get a new chef from India.
    call before visiting :
    Phone: (809) 732-5415 or E-mail at: [email protected]

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default been there done that = awesome !!

Quote Originally Posted by rubia2 View Post
    Taste of India is run in the family home of an Indian man who teaches at an international school in Santo Domingo. If you're interested in eating there on Friday or Saturday night (a buffet) , be sure to reserve in advance, or you risk arriving and finding they're not cooking that night because no one booked. The owners speak English and are very friendly, but this isn't a full-time restaurant. Rates are reasonable and the food is decent. The weekday lunch specials have been too heavy on starches and had too little meat and vegetables.

For those who want to cook Indian food themselves. Asiatico Asian market (on 27 de Febrero esq. Ave. Privada) sells a variety of Indian ingredients and condiments.
    While in SD this summer for my birthday I dragged my friend Winie (Dominican but more adventurous than most) to this "restaurant" (only knew about it from DR1) and I was not disappointed. It may have been a bit spicy for Winie, but just fine for me. I made a reservation by e-mail and there were expecting us we were the only ones there and were made to feel right at home. I think the beer had to be retrieved from a local colmado but everything else was done "in house" I strongly recommend it.
    Gerry

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Taste o India is currently closed because they are awaiting a chef from India. The owner said they are having problems getting the necessary visas to bring the chef from India, through Europe, to the DR.

In the interim, there is a Pakistani family that cooks and delivers, and you can pick up Indian cooking items at Asiatico supermarket on 27 de Febrero.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubia2 View Post
    In the interim, there is a Pakistani family that cooks and delivers, and you can pick up Indian cooking items at Asiatico supermarket on 27 de Febrero.
    I do not understand where is this Pakistani family and how to contact then ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast