Indian food in Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you happen to be in Mirador Sur, and notice someone dancing crazily in the streets, that'll be me. :)

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
:) This makes me so happy! The first thing I did when I went back to the UK recently was go out for a curry. I can't wait to try this restaurant out.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Waiting for feedback

As soon As I go to Santo Domingo this restaurant will be my first stop but I hope it is really a restaurant not a place to enroll people for Krisna.
This is the feeling I had watching the website.

I wait feedback from people from La capitale.

Pedro

rubia2

May 19, 2007
Taste of India is run in the family home of an Indian man who teaches at an international school in Santo Domingo. If you're interested in eating there on Friday or Saturday night (a buffet) , be sure to reserve in advance, or you risk arriving and finding they're not cooking that night because no one booked. The owners speak English and are very friendly, but this isn't a full-time restaurant. Rates are reasonable and the food is decent. The weekday lunch specials have been too heavy on starches and had too little meat and vegetables.

For those who want to cook Indian food themselves. Asiatico Asian market (on 27 de Febrero esq. Ave. Privada) sells a variety of Indian ingredients and condiments.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
been there done that = awesome !!

Taste of India is run in the family home of an Indian man who teaches at an international school in Santo Domingo. If you're interested in eating there on Friday or Saturday night (a buffet) , be sure to reserve in advance, or you risk arriving and finding they're not cooking that night because no one booked. The owners speak English and are very friendly, but this isn't a full-time restaurant. Rates are reasonable and the food is decent. The weekday lunch specials have been too heavy on starches and had too little meat and vegetables.

For those who want to cook Indian food themselves. Asiatico Asian market (on 27 de Febrero esq. Ave. Privada) sells a variety of Indian ingredients and condiments.

While in SD this summer for my birthday I dragged my friend Winie (Dominican but more adventurous than most) to this "restaurant" (only knew about it from DR1) and I was not disappointed. It may have been a bit spicy for Winie, but just fine for me. I made a reservation by e-mail and there were expecting us we were the only ones there and were made to feel right at home. I think the beer had to be retrieved from a local colmado but everything else was done "in house" I strongly recommend it.
Gerry

rubia2

May 19, 2007
Taste o India is currently closed because they are awaiting a chef from India. The owner said they are having problems getting the necessary visas to bring the chef from India, through Europe, to the DR.

In the interim, there is a Pakistani family that cooks and delivers, and you can pick up Indian cooking items at Asiatico supermarket on 27 de Febrero.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
In the interim, there is a Pakistani family that cooks and delivers, and you can pick up Indian cooking items at Asiatico supermarket on 27 de Febrero.

I do not understand where is this Pakistani family and how to contact then ?

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Everyone

This coming Thursday (Nov 8th) at MiTiverna Bar, located behind the old Trio NightClub (Same Plaza) on Ave Lincoln, is doing a Pakistani Buffet night. In the buffet will be Tandoori Chicken, Roti, Daal, Korma, Kebabs, real Basmati Rice (Biryani) and two traditional sweet dishes. Also, all the condiments will be there including 2 different types of home-made yogurt sauce. Everyone is invited and the price per person is RD$450 p/p for the buffet. Buffet starts at 6 and ends at midnight. For reservations, drop me a quick note with your name / number of people and the time you would like to reserve for. There will be Indian / Pakistani videos and music and some very interesting art to view. Look forward to your support and meeting all of you there. Thanks Oscar

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Children are invited and will 12 and under eat for 1/2 price and you can still order something off the menu - similiar to chicken wings etc for the kids........

Status
Not open for further replies.