Libreria Caliope

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Has anyone got an up-to-date e-mail address for this Dominican bookshop in New York? The Yahoo address on this website doesn't work.

Much appreciated.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
I found this info for Libreria Caliope: 170 Dyckman St. 212 567-3511
no email address. 212 567-5359

Hope this can help..:bunny:

zeus..

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Could someone in NYC phone them and ask for their e-mail address? Pretty please?

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Glad to see you were assisted. My work has kind of swallowed me whole over the past year...my apologies for not addressing your email sooner Chiri. Best.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Chiri ....have you contacted the bookstore? Is it worthwhile? I live in NYC and by the time I read your post you had gotten your answer already.

What kinds of books do they sell? All types?? Grammar? Language? Cookbooks???

I love bookstores. Is it a "real" bookstore or is it out of someone's livingroom?

Thanks

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Chiri ....have you contacted the bookstore? Is it worthwhile? I live in NYC and by the time I read your post you had gotten your answer already.

What kinds of books do they sell? All types?? Grammar? Language? Cookbooks???

I love bookstores. Is it a "real" bookstore or is it out of someone's livingroom?

Thanks

If it's the they one on Dyckman St. as stated earlier then I've passed by it a few times and looked inside. It's a real bookstore, definitely, albeit small. All kinds of books. All in spanish. Many classics.

gertrude

Aug 3, 2008
Caliope in NYC

Not mail order at all! The owner, Cesar Rodriguez, and his brother, run literary gatherings every Thursday (Tertulias) where neighborhood poets come and perform, and they have sponsored many artistic and political speakers, too. They even publish a small selection of books themselves--Dominican poets mainly, and many women, who don't have a lot of exposure otherwise.

Definitely stop in and buy something! They're a great force for the good in Inwood & Washington Heights--and they're very keyed in, sponsoring young artists and participating in festivals, etc. etc. I love them! :glasses: