Please help transport donations

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
is there anybody out there going to Santiago in the next month or too that could bring a suitcase full of donations to Santiago for an orphange.? M daughter and I have been collecting items for an orphanage there that we will visit in July. I have collected so much, I will need to leave some behind. If anyone is going and does not have 2 full suitcases, maybe we can coordinate this. Any suggestions for cheap safe shipping may work too. It is mostly clothes, crafts,games and health and beauty stuff(diapers,soap etc)
Thanks in advance for your help
Stevi

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Stevi,
Have you considered asking the Airline/Tour Company if you can bring in the excess Free of Charge as it is for donation to a charity?? Explain to them that you will get a letter of confirmation from the charity itself detailing what the goods are & how they are going to be used - if there is excess availability for suitcase (or two) I am sure the airline can be tempted (by promise of good marketing strategy for them) to look favourably upon it if they know it is for charitable purposes!! Tell them the cases can come down on a later flight if necessary, they can get one of their staff to deliver it & you'll organise a photo shoot.

Good Luck ~ Grahame.

Sep 19, 2005
I am going THIS friday....I am only taking one checked bag....if you can GET THE BAG TO ME, Ill take it. I fly into STI out of NYC. I stay in Moca which is very close to Santiago. Let me know soon.....

PS: is has to weight 50lbs or less.......PERIOD..I heard rumors they werent letting over weight bags on the plane!!!!

bob

Sep 19, 2005
That is NO WAY to refer to fellow female passengers Bob!!!;) Obese ladies, chubby women, anything like that but OVERWEIGHT BAGS is considered quite rude in the UK!:cheeky: :cheeky:! ~ Grahame.
as long as they dont sit next to me they can let who ever they want on the plane.....you know they do, because I have seen them pull out the "seat belt extensions" several times ha ha ha ha.

and since I am flying first class lately a lot, it doesnt even matter that much ...those seats are wider.

bob