soup kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
A new soup kitchen was recently opened in Sos?a, in the presence of the Mayor (Vladimir C?spedes), various dignitaries and the media. The splendid opening ceremony included a blessing by the pastor of the San Antonio de Padua parish. The soup kitchen will provide nourishing meals every day for the poorer residents of Sos?a. A meal will cost 5 pesos. During the festive opening day these meals were provided free of charge. The Mayor emphasised in his speech that the local authority hoped that this facility would help ensure a more humane existence for the many needy citizens in Sos?a.

anyone know how i can contact him to send him some money for meals or i can send someone here the money (i trust you will deliver it)?

thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sorry, the source of this article is Sosua-News
A better name for them would be "Sosua Stories".
Using the word "news" in their name, leads one to believe that they report news.
They do not.
There is no investigative research or verification.
If I were to call them up and tell them that I just bought General Imbert's piece of land where he has his helipads, and that I have signed a contract with Disney to put in a Disneyland franchise and that construction will start next week, and that President Leonel and Paris Hilton will be there at the ground breaking ceremonies and that Donald Trump is backing me up financially, then that is the story they would print.
The soup kitchen story may or may not be accurate, but one should not assume that it is.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
A soup kitchen in Sosua would have been great, especially considering the number of children are wandering around hungry.

Too bad this "story" is not actual fact.

Are there two restauraunts at the Europa? I only ever saw the one next to it, which is located between the hotel and the bank. In May the place was still open, I think I saw people in there.????

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A soup kitchen in Sosua would have been great, especially considering the number of children are wandering around hungry.

Too bad this "story" is not actual fact.
I'm not saying that it's not fact.
I have seen a couple of people quote Sosua News, in particular Kyle, and I wanted to make it clear that one should NEVER take it for granted that what is printed for all to read, is "news".
I have read some absurd "facts" there.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the "news" debate can be left for another time Rocky. what i'm interested in here is whether this soup kitchen is open and can i make a donation to it. if you Interpol guys can find out whether this story is true, i would appreciate it.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
the "news" debate can be left for another time Rocky. what i'm interested in here is whether this soup kitchen is open and can i make a donation to it. if you Interpol guys can find out whether this story is true, i would appreciate it.
It's not a debate.
I'm just giving you the facts.
Do as you please with it.

I have heard nothing about the "soup kitchen" so can't offer you any contact info. If I do hear anything, I will post it.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
ok. well you and others know best since you guys live there and i just visit.

that's a wrap.....

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Si el rio suena ,es porque piedras trae

Inauguraci?n Comedor econ?mico en Sos?a

El pasado viernes 15 de junio se dej? inaugurado el comedor econ?mico de Sos?a, ubicado en la Gallera Municipal de Sos?a, en el acto estuvo presente el Sindico Municipal Vladimir C?spedes, adem?s de varias personalidades y medios de comunicaci?n que estuvieron cubriendo la actividad.

El acto de bendici?n estuvo a cargo el Padre P?rroco de la Parroquia San Antonio de Padua, quien expres? que este tipo de ayuda social es beneficiosa para la comunidad y m?s a?n para la personas de escasos recursos.

Las palabras de agradecimiento fueron de parte del Sindico Municipal, quien se mostr? muy contento por el establecimiento del primer comedor econ?mico de Sos?a, donde toda persona podr? comprar un plato de comida por tan solo RD$ 5.00 pesos, el d?a inaugurar la comunidad fue completamente gratis.

ghtelevision

A

apostropheman

whenever i've walked by it was almost empty...except for a few chicas/chulos:bunny: so it can't be that good. some people claim to like it, others claim that they've found foreign objects in the food or that some have gotten ill after eating there.:ermm:
That bad...?
you talking girls or food ? :ermm:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
can't be that good. some people claim to like it, others claim that they've found foreign objects or that some have gotten ill after eating there

are we talking food or women ?

i'm being funny again...

Status
Not open for further replies.