Coming from the UK to the D.R.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
Hi Ladybird. I will be arriving in Sosua on the 9th of July staying at my place in las Canas.Anything i can do for you?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am intrigued as I need to visit England possibly September/ October to see a new grandchild - is it possible to do a deal on a one way ticket to UK (return portion) at a good price and just pay to change the name?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
This is not what this thread is about, but in answer to your question, no you cant, they wont let you change the name - you buy a 1 way ticket in your name from here. When you want to return here you have to buy a return from UK if you dont have residency. The check-in in the UK wont let you travel on a one way ticket to here. But the price between 1 way and return is similar anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I appreciate your help on that one but for the record I do have residency now. Most ticket sellers in the UK do allow a name change though, obviously for a small fee, not sure about the DR ones though. In future may I request that you refer to me as whirley or whirleybird in an open room chat. Thanks.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As a quick afterthought, Ladybird, did you want him to bring you some tins of Heinz Baked Beans? If so, please ask him to bring me a BIG jar of Branston Pickle - needed it with last night's cold pork so much............

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I appreciate your help on that one but for the record I do have residency now. Most ticket sellers in the UK do allow a name change though, obviously for a small fee, not sure about the DR ones though. In future may I request that you refer to me as whirley or whirleybird in an open room chat. Thanks.
Hello the whirley whirleybird,
Just done a long stint with various tour operators in UK - you CAN organise through one operation, a round trip starting from here!! I thought I would get a cheaper round trip by buyiung one way from here & then a standby from Gatwick - worked out only about ?20 cheaper in the end.

Send me an e-mail or PM & I'll dig out the details & contacts for you. Glad to hear that you have got your residency organised, some people I know still haven't bothered after being here for 3 or 4 years!:pirate:! When are you heading this way?? The BOSS is away but the mouse can still play!:cheeky:!

I have got some Branston here so can slide you a small container to tide you over till you go UK way! ~ Grahame.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
As a quick afterthought, Ladybird, did you want him to bring you some tins of Heinz Baked Beans? If so, please ask him to bring me a BIG jar of Branston Pickle - needed it with last night's cold pork so much............

Something a little more important than beans, however thats a strange coincidence, last night I went to take the Branston Pickle to put on my sandwich to find my son had finished it!!!!! we will both share our withdrawal pains. I have asked Playero and Janets to order Heinz Baked Beans - lets see if they can, I'll let you know about the Branston I'll order that too. Perhaps we can share it with Bushbaby, he sounds lonely;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Perhaps we can share it with Bushbaby, he sounds lonely;)
There you go, .:ermm:.... making assumptions again Barbara - what on EARTH made you think I could be lonely?? BUSY yes ;)- lonely? ...:bunny::bunny:.. never.

No need to include me in that sharing of Branston pickle thanks. As mentioned in my post ..... I HAVE some Branston pickle that whirleybird can take a sample from. I don't use it much as I don't rely on 'things UK' - preferring now the local produce! ~ Grahame

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
There you go, .:ermm:.... making assumptions again Barbara - what on EARTH made you think I could be lonely?? BUSY yes ;)- lonely? ...:bunny::bunny:.. never.

No need to include me in that sharing of Branston pickle thanks. As mentioned in my post ..... I HAVE some Branston pickle that whirleybird can take a sample from. I don't use it much as I don't rely on 'things UK' - preferring now the local produce! ~ Grahame

It was a joke BB dont get yourself in a "pickle". :laugh:The thing I need from the UK is a little more important and I cant get it nor anything like it here:ermm:

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
Spill The Beans

Go on ladybird spill the beans (heinz) ;let us all know what it is you require,the suspence is killing me,and everyone else i guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Neither lonely nor desperate, I would guess. :laugh::laugh:

I am in UK right now and if it was the new old age pensioner forms, then yes they are available.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Down pussy pussy

Neither lonely nor desperate, I would guess. :laugh::laugh:

I am in UK right now and if it was the new old age pensioner forms, then yes they are available.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Im a long way off those thank goodness, anyway those sorts of things are for commoners like you, a Lady in my position does not require governmental aid.

If you wish to continue being crabby start your own thread, my request, on this one, is very important.

I am well aware your live in boyfriend is not lonely nor desperate, ask yourself why?.......... While the cats' away...........;):speechles after all he is a very attractive man.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey there Chris, I was about to send you an e-mail proving I was already mixing in that company but that facility has been removed (at your request I gather). Drop me a PM with your e-mail address & I'll respond with the 'photo or two' of a recent marriage ceremony!!

Ladybird ..........
Im a long way off those thank goodness, anyway those sorts of things are for commoners like you, a Lady in my position does not require governmental aid.

If you wish to continue being crabby start your own thread, my request, on this one, is very important.

I am well aware your live in boyfriend is not lonely nor desperate, ask yourself why?.......... While the cats' away........... after all he is a very attractive man.
[End quote]

You jest surely, on all counts!! As you said to me when replying to my post above ............. "It was a joke BB dont get yourself in a "pickle".":surprised:paranoid: ~ Grahame.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
BushBaby; I am well aware your live in boyfriend is not lonely nor desperate said:
[/COLOR][End quote]

You jest surely, on all counts!! As you said to me when replying to my post above ............. "It was a joke BB dont get yourself in a "pickle".":surprised:paranoid: ~ Grahame.

Yes BB of course I jest, dont you know my sense of humour by now?, but you are a nice man, of that I dont jest.

Now back to topic as it is important, is anyone coming from the UK soon please?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Bushbaby! Triple Wow! Thanks so much for the pics .. I enjoyed each and every one of them. High Caribbean Society struts their stuff with High British Society eh!

I guess Lambada's suitcases won't include beans and pickles on the way back. That surely won't fit with the stature! ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
NOT baked beans for sure Cris but maybe a few other 'little goodies'! Certainly we won't have need for those tiaras & heavy jewelery. The suit was locally made (Puerto Plata) & caused quite a stir amongst the 'Grey' & 'Black' Morning Suits!! Sister-in-law refused to talk to me for 4 whole hours!!!!:cheeky:

Funny, but I couldn't find anyone to give me a dollop of HP sauce to go on those salmon & cucumber sandwiches!! No taste these upper crust sorts - bought or otherwise!! ;) ~ Grahame.
Sorry this is SO off topic except that Lambada IS coming back NEXT week so might be available. Hang on though, she will be bringing a load of a new DR book with her! G;):cheeky: