Do any chinese restaurants serve Dim Sum

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I was hoping that someone might be able to recommend a place that does Dim Sum (chinese brunch) - if there is any place that has it.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
A bit over a week ago we had a conversation with a cook of a Chinese restaurant in Gazcue, close to the Malecon, I forgot the name, but is is in a building shaped as a medieval castle (maybe Chirimoya remembers?). He said they had dim sum on the menu. If it is any good, no idea..

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
A bit over a week ago we had a conversation with a cook of a Chinese restaurant in Gazcue, close to the Malecon, I forgot the name, but is is in a building shaped as a medieval castle (maybe Chirimoya remembers?). He said they had dim sum on the menu. If it is any good, no idea..

It's very popular with the local Chinese so I assume its pretty good.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's called Palacio del Jade, on Calle Jose Maria Heredia 6, Gazcue (the short street linking Independencia and the Malec?n, opposite Adri?n Tropical.
Tel. 809 686 3226
Used to go there quite a lot up till a few years ago, then it went downhill a bit. Never tried the dim sum though, so I might give them another chance.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Awesome! I figured there had to be a place that had it. Basically you get small platters of steamed food, and they just keep bringing trays by and you pick and choose what you like. I usually go for shrimp balls, shrimp dumplings, shrimp shumai, mmm, shrimp for breakfast! There are other things too, like chicken feet, but that is an acquired taste (not my cup of tea). I'll be sure to post a review once I eat there, I'll be back in a few weeks. Thanks for the info.

rubia2

May 19, 2007
Palacio de Jade near the Malecon seems to be the only Chinese restaurant in Santo Domingo serving dim sum. according to the local Chinese I've talked to. You order from a menu, rather than from carts, and the Mandarin menu has a couple items that aren't on the Spanish dim sum menu, but none of the Dominican waiters can help translate. The dim sum was ok, not great. You can buy frozen dim sum at Asiatico supermarket to cook yourself.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Expreso Jardin Chino (Lopez de Vega, in front of Supermercado Nacional) they have Ja Cao (Shrimps) and the pork ones...mmmmm

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
looking like spam to me... from Wikipedia: Dot TK also provides .tk websites with the option to join a network called TiKinet, a close-knit network that links sites to each other based on key words called TiKilinks. The network is expected to increase traffic to the websites, many of which are personal sites and blogs operated by individuals who otherwise would have no way to advertise their sites.[2]

In other words.. this is a link funnel to someone's blog

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Huh? What??

What does that have to do with 4 yr old threads on Chinese food?

I have NO IDEA what happened. I got to the thread from the "new posts" button, and there WAS a new post. The post had a couple of very suspicious links in it. They were supposedly links to websites of restaurants or something, but they were obviously something else. My guess is that the Mods pulled the offending post... leaving my post there looking like I was replying to a years old thread. LOL I promise I wasn't. Would be better if they pulled my post too... kinda makes me look like a wacko.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
No need to try and beat Chuck T's posting velocity, I am beginning to think you and he are the same person???

LOL... NO way! You're teasing me, right??? I can't even come close to his velocity. I hope you'll notice two things... one, I always try to post something useful or insightful or helpful in SOME way ... and second, although I might post several posts in a short time span, it's not every day, all day.

BTW... on average, I post less than you do.... ;-)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
LOL... NO way! You're teasing me, right??? I can't even come close to his velocity. I hope you'll notice two things... one, I always try to post something useful or insightful or helpful in SOME way ... and second, although I might post several posts in a short time span, it's not every day, all day.

BTW... on average, I post less than you do.... ;-)

It's all good...Chuck must have an iPad mounted to the bathroom door.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Do any chinese restaurants serve pizza? Dont think so. Try the Chino de Marisco on Sarasota. To me, they are the best in the city.