XM Radio

bolo777

Jun 24, 2007
I am trying to see if XM radio service in available in the DR, if you purchase the service from the US??? I believe there is a old thread on this if someone can direct me to the right place.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Sirius = $500 Lifetime ends 6/30/07

Only three days left. Anyone have thoughts on the $500 liftime membership? Is it worth it?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Lifetime membership? I think it is a great offer. I signed up for yearly renewal on XM and wish they had such a lifetime offer in the US. The only danger is what if a company goes bankrupt? There had been such cases in some third word countries - a company gets created, people pay to sign up for services than bankruptcy happens and the owner disappears... (probably on vacation to the DR ;))

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007
Yes, It is!!.
The only risk is the possibility for the company to go bankrupt. I'll take my chances under Mel K. as a CEO. I personally have 3 lifetime (Home and two cars), can't live without it. Superb programing for every taste.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
The lifetime membership is for the actual UNIT not your subscription. If you lose the unit you are screwed. So said Howard Stern on the air.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Sirius = $400 lifetime!!!!

I wrote Sirius customer service to inquire about the lifetime offer ending june 30th. They wrote back and said there is an unadvertised special until july 30th. $400 in four monthly payments of $100 each. Its not on the web site, if anyone wants the $400 special, contact Sirius customer service.

Does anyone have any experience with the portable "STILETTO 100" in the USA or DR?

Last edited:

ace

Apr 11, 2004
The lifetime membership is for the actual UNIT not your subscription. If you lose the unit you are screwed. So said Howard Stern on the air.

I have a lifetime membership. It's good on 4 subscripitons of radios.
Meaning after signing up with your curent radio you can up grade radio's 3 times and just transfer the subscription. Just ask if they have a activation cost for each time.

I have used my Sirius in the DR when I travel. In my car and at home on the boom box.

When you call customer service their call center is on the south coast. You will be talking to a Dominican.

bolo777

Jun 24, 2007
I have a lifetime membership. It's good on 4 subscripitons of radios.
Meaning after signing up with your curent radio you can up grade radio's 3 times and just transfer the subscription. Just ask if they have a activation cost for each time.

I have used my Sirius in the DR when I travel. In my car and at home on the boom box.

When you call customer service their call center is on the south coast. You will be talking to a Dominican.

Is there any blackout areas???

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Is there any blackout areas???

I drive mostly from Sosua to POP or to Caberette without any problems. Forget about getting a signal on the mountain road to Santiago. If you have a new unit you will need the antenna adaptor that is sold seperate for $30.00. The FCC made both companies change the way the radio picked up their signal. In the past the signal could be picked up in other cars around you but not any longer. For my boom box . I have a place on the beach side of the road and just point the antenna towards the ocean and it's fine. Nothing like being in the DR and having my US radio stations.

bolo777

Jun 24, 2007
I drive mostly from Sosua to POP or to Caberette without any problems. Forget about getting a signal on the mountain road to Santiago. If you have a new unit you will need the antenna adaptor that is sold seperate for $30.00. The FCC made both companies change the way the radio picked up their signal. In the past the signal could be picked up in other cars around you but not any longer. For my boom box . I have a place on the beach side of the road and just point the antenna towards the ocean and it's fine. Nothing like being in the DR and having my US radio stations.

Have you used it in the south, Juan Dolio area??? I have heard that US Sat. signals are better in the North. I would love to hear US radio also. I order a package that includes a boom box and a car pkg., it brings a antenna for the car. Is that the adaptor?? If not if you have a model # I will check it out in the web site. I confirmed the lifetime membership until the end of July.;)

bolo777

Jun 24, 2007
Bolo
Do a search for Sirius. I have posted numerous times on how sirius functions on the south coast.

The location of the satellite is so far away, it doesn't matter if you're on the North or South coast.

When you go over the mountain, the signal is blocked by the mountains, which is why it cuts out.

I'm happy with my Sirius, even though it doesn't work very well in the heart of the city, but I don't have a FM modulator either.