Anybody that can confirm this?

Malevolent

Apr 7, 2007
Hi everyone..

We're going to the DR in less than 2 weeks, and would love to get some help to confirm whether there are any bachata or merengue events in July this year (-2007)?

We love to dance, and the DR is (according to all rumors) supposed to be the land of Merengue and Bachata. And - because of that, I find it hard to belive that nobody in this forum knows nothing about it.. That is why I ask the question here, by the way! ;)

Anyhow.. If you know ANYTHING, please send a reply.. It would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! :)

The information I found - on a SINGLE web page... is the following information. I don't know if this information is for THIS year, or any previous year(?) Could someone please, please, pleeeeease verify this?

"July 10-12
Bachata Festival of Sosua. This distinctly Dominican form of song and dance is extrememly popular and is celebrated by, you guessed it, lots of song and dance.

July 24
Merengue Festival of Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo. This festival is not only about dance, there are food and drink exhibitions as well as various games and events."

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Peter

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hi everyone..

We're going to the DR in less than 2 weeks, and would love to get some help to confirm whether there are any bachata or merengue events in July this year (-2007)?

We love to dance, and the DR is (according to all rumors) supposed to be the land of Merengue and Bachata. And - because of that, I find it hard to belive that nobody in this forum knows nothing about it.. That is why I ask the question here, by the way! ;)

Anyhow.. If you know ANYTHING, please send a reply.. It would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! :)

The information I found - on a SINGLE web page... is the following information. I don't know if this information is for THIS year, or any previous year(?) Could someone please, please, pleeeeease verify this?

"July 10-12
Bachata Festival of Sosua. This distinctly Dominican form of song and dance is extrememly popular and is celebrated by, you guessed it, lots of song and dance.

July 24
Merengue Festival of Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo. This festival is not only about dance, there are food and drink exhibitions as well as various games and events."

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Peter

This was just posted this week so would assume its current...like for 2007..this is the DR, they wouldnt be posting events for 2008;)

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I do not know the exact dates this year but SD's Merengue fest is usually in july and puerto plata's in october. I'm also waiting for the exact dates for the latter so I can be there. This is RD, the dates for Puerto Plata's surely aren't determined yet ; )