Fairways Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We had dinner last evening at the Fairways Bar & Grill in the Playa Dorada golf course!

For anyone staying in Playa Dorada or area wanting a nice meal at a good price - I highly recommend this restaurant.

The ambiance is very nice - the interior is clean, cool, high ceilings, comfortable couches and chairs. The table on the outside terrace have a fabulous view over the golf course. At night the lights on the course make it nice to sit and look out. And you have a nice view to the Victoria Resort. The background music was quite a variety from Rod Stewart to Cindy Lauper but all low volume - a trip down memory lane.....LOL

We sat on the terrace watching the incredible lightening show and really enjoyed ourselves.

The food is fabulous! I had an appy of Mozarella rolls and my friend had Caprese salad. Next I had chicken breast in Mango sauce and my friend had a pasta with pork chops. It was very very good. If I had known how big the portions were neither of us would have had appetizers. However we have enough left over for lunch today!

The service was excellent. Our waiter didn't hover but was attentive.

The prices are very good as well. While we did not have alcohol we had non alcoholic daiquiries (spelling?) before and coffee after. Including the tip - the bill came to $1,300 RD! About $40.60 US for both of us! By the way, the alcohol prices are great too.

I highly recommend this restaurant!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You are on honey - but should we tell your wife or just invite her to join us???

Now that you mention Beyond the Beach - how about I offer dinner for 2 at the restaurant as a donation????

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
You are on honey - but should we tell your wife or just invite her to join us???

Now that you mention Beyond the Beach - how about I offer dinner for 2 at the restaurant as a donation????

I don't know if she will be coming down on this trip or not but don't worry I'm a good boy(famous last words):bunny:

The offer of dinner for two is very kind of you and very much appreciated.Can you pm Gregg or me the details.

Thanks again
Hifiman

Status
Not open for further replies.