Buying a moped

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacquelinej

Jun 27, 2007
I want to buy a small moped or scooter for a friend who works in Puerto Plata. I will be visiting there in the next few months. Can anyone give me an idea how much I should expect to pay either for a new one or a very good used moped or scooter. Can anyone also recommend a good place to buy one from. Thank you

amerabest

Apr 11, 2008
Hey jacquelinej,

did you able to find one. I need the same for my friend in Punta Cana. Any good advise?

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hey jacquelinej,

did you able to find one. I need the same for my friend in Punta Cana. Any good advise?

I will only say this once...then I will disappear (at least from this subject).

I have been on 2 wheels in the DR for several years and I do not recommend it to anybody. It doesn't matter how great of a rider you are. The other idiots can ruin your day.

RHM

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I want to buy a small moped or scooter for a friend who works in Puerto Plata. Thank you

Are you sending the money over for your friend to buy now or are you going to buy it for your friend when you go over in a few months?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is almost a year old and Jacqueline hasn't been online since Nov. 2007

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Prices were discussed in the below thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/73259-buying-motorbike.html

Also, please wear a helmet. And believe it or not it is much, much safer to ride a motorbike of any sort here in the DR than in the States. That being said, that changes after dark and is directly proportional to the amount of drunks on the road, not to mention the occasional theif. Just make sure you are home by 9 or 10 at night and travel in well lit and well traveled areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.