Huge concert in Santo Domingo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
J-Lo and hubby Marc Anthony and Ricardo Arjona and Wisin & Yandel are the headline acts at the big concert at the Olympic Stadium this Sunday ...

Supposed to start at 6:30. Jay - Lo said she was not going to let Marc Anthony travel to the DR alone....

So, if you like this kind of music....go get your tickets...

Hb

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Marc Anthony and Ricardo Arjona??? whoooo? hahahahaha
I bet most of the DR1 chopos have never even heard of them let alone hear their music. Most people here only know aventura, anthony santos, krisspy, and other chopo bachata bands. Don't expect many chopo lovers from the website to attend this show.
AZB

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Chopo ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Que cojones AZB......... this Chopo friends and bunch of employees are going. And both of them have a huge following in this country other wise why the big concert. This is not the first time ither of them give a concert. and in their on way Aventura has its public and not only dominicans................
Co@$% dique chopo..........LOL wao.................thanks for the moment needed a stress reliever.
I will not be able to attend I teach sundays.........
Dios no es verbo sino sustantivo...............prety well know here in any campo
yo que te conosco bien me atreveria dicr que estas arrepentida.......also

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
AZB we should have a poll about this. I think we both might find the results interesting. what you think?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Chole, I was referring to most of the DR1 posters. The majority of people on DR1 have no idea what type of music ricardo arjona or Marc anthony sing. The reason is simple, these visiting tourists or expats who live here only socialize with people of barrios who only listen to carwash type bachata music. This is why so many tourists think the only music dominicans listen to is bachata or tipico merengue etc. Most foreigners who have come in contact with marc anthony's music are not even impressed with his songs. They have never heard of it. They are so bombarded with zacarias ferreras, anthony santos and krisspy, aventura that they think this is all there is to latin music.
Then we have Dominican chopo yorks who worship bachata. No wonder Krisspy and marc anthony sold out Madison square garden in NY. I was shocked to see so many chopos lived in NYC alone.
Did you know bachata is so popular in austria, italy and germany? Then again, who live there? Guys who marry cueros from sosua, boca chica and cabarete and take them back home. I was surprised to see so many germans love bachata.

Anyway, I stand corrected: you will not find too many Arjona and marc anthony fans on this website. Most Dr1ers are always inquiring about the next aventura, or anthony santos concert.

Gold gym will have a bus leaving on sunday from santiago, 1,995 pesos will include, transportation, free open bar in the bus, T shirts, snacks and tickets to the concert.
AZB

P.S. listen to pinguinos en cama by arjona, my favorite. hahahahaha

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I'd say that the majority of the people attending will be there for Wisin y Yandel. They sold out at Altos de Chavon in 2 days, and left a lot of people wanting to go. Marc Anthony and Aronja are a different (older) demographic who want a calm, quiet, sit-down type concert. Many of their fans will be deterred by the younger fans who want to party, you'll probably be the oldest person on the bus. Enjoy the bus ride with all the inferior folk!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Many of their fans will be deterred by the younger fans who want to party, you'll probably be the oldest person on the bus. Enjoy the bus ride with all the inferior folk!

Folks from Gold gym are not your average chopos. Most are certainly not going for the reggaeton artists. This shows how much you know about the better dominican class in santiago. where do you hang out when in santiago, montebar? I thought so. I bet you or your sweet girlfriend have never even stepped in gold's gym in the plaza or have been to any classy places here in santiago. So please speak for yourself.

Anyway, If I would go there, i would be certainly going there for arjona and marc anthony. However, I am already committed to attend the sosua BBQ on sunday.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
You're too funny. So they are not average chopos? Are they better than average, worse than average? And you are right, I know diddly squat about the "better dominican class in santiago", I've only been there a couple of times, went to Dolce... ...nice women there. And usually people who are "better" than others don't go around piping all over the place "I'm better than you", they know it, and don't need to say it. Being vocal about it shows some sort of insecurity. So yeah, there you have it, I've never been to gold's gym, or many places in Santiago in fact, I think I might avoid that place next time I go, I don't think I want to sit around and listent to a bunch of people talk about how superior they are.

There are 2 extremes on the spectrum of dominican society, those that you call chopos, and those that you call, excuse my language, "come mierdas". I don't hang out with either, I like healthy medium.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You're too funny. So they are not average chopos? Are they better than average, worse than average? And you are right, I know diddly squat about the "better dominican class in santiago", I've only been there a couple of times, went to Dolce... ...nice women there. And usually people who are "better" than others don't go around piping all over the place "I'm better than you", they know it, and don't need to say it. Being vocal about it shows some sort of insecurity. So yeah, there you have it, I've never been to gold's gym, or many places in Santiago in fact, I think I might avoid that place next time I go, I don't think I want to sit around and listent to a bunch of people talk about how superior they are.

There are 2 extremes on the spectrum of dominican society, those that you call chopos, and those that you call, excuse my language, "come mierdas". I don't hang out with either, I like healthy medium.

NOTHING new on your part. You are exactly like the rest of the visiting tourists. You feel uncomfortable among the dominicans who are not impressed by you because you are a foreigner. As a matter of fact, you mean nothing to them. So what do you do? You dismiss them as "come mierda" and head straight back to chopos in ghettos. This is the only place you feel comfortable in. A place where people are impressed by your green dollars. The big don in cien fuego. hahahahaha.
Thats ok man, we all feel comfortable at where we belong.
Have a nice vacation in santiago the next time.
AZB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
They play Mark Anthony all the time on the radio. If people on this site listen to the radio - they listen to Mark Anthony and others. What is the big deal? I want to find medium class people in the DR next time I go. Do they exist? My visits it has all been extremes ...

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Wow! You have me all figured out! What's your method? Do you use a crystal ball? Tarot cards? Or is just your superior intuition and insight into the human psyche? You know you could start a business and charge people for these services!

As for finding "medium class", or "regular" people, you can find them in Santo Domingo, and also in Cibao, but there is a bit of a sentiment among Cibae?os that they are better than the rest of the country (note: actual Cibae?os, not wannabes.) Kinda like Torontonians in Canada, or New Yorkers in the states. All in all you can find nice, educated people in the cities, that don't think of themselves as the cats meow. They're just regular people who work, or go to school, and do regular things that regular people do.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Marc Anthony

Most tourists and ex-pats probably only know Marc Anthony for his English ballad s#$%. Most people here (Montreal) think I have bad taste when I tell them I love Marc Anthony. They don't know how great a salsero he is....Tu amor me hace bien, Valio la pena, these are salsa classics!

Winsin Yandel will definitely sell-out the show in SD, just cause of the youths.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
El Uruguayo said:
And usually people who are "better" than others don't go around piping all over the place "I'm better than you", they know it, and don't need to say it. Being vocal about it shows some sort of insecurity.
Although this goes without saying for some, many will never get it. :)

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
No es el lugar si no la Gente. We dominicans come in all shape ans size. We for the most part welcome tourist that not here to judge nor to steal our natural wealth. As for where do that large middle class live most will say in the 3 largest cities of the country, Snato Domingo, Santiago, San Francisco De Macoris. as per a feeling of who is better..........lol........long history. Since most capitalanos are ciabaenos at heart and we los Snatiagueros have a long going fight with capitalenos over what we consider in certain thing to be a better city and a more united city.well that a matter of opnion. I do know that I stand corrected by AZB he as per my understnadign was refering to DR1 members not the locals as he know we are in general a somewhat educated society(cities) We cannot generalize about that we are all chopos or comemierdas.........Other nations are full of both. then the small middle class of this country is an endangered specie.
El concierto is going to be a big even for those domincans that enjoy arjona marc antohy and others. A nice note Arjona happen to be an idol among the regetoneros and local rappers since they admire his musical poetry and most of them consider them self lyricist.

Sep 19, 2005
when I get to the pool party in Sosua, I really hope no one mentions that this concert is going on at the same time in the capital to my Girlfriend she LOVES Marc Anthony...........why is it always that either nothing is going on, or they all happen at the same time! The peopel she wants to see never play when I am in country it seems....

bob

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i remain immune to bachata/merengue music. not for me, thank you.
i believe i've heard most of the biggest "stars" at brugal xmas party and some private events. not impressed.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Miguel Arjona is a darling of Dominican chopas. ...more than any of the Aventura kids I'd say..