Buying a boat

big wayne

May 22, 2007
When we move to the DR we would like a boat probably worth about $20k US.

I would like to hear of peoples experiences when they have bought boats either in the DR or another island, or even the US where there are plenty and therefore, I would imagine, they are competatively priced.

Cheers

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
You can have a brand new boat boat built for around that price depending on what you are looking for. send me an e-mail and I will hook you up with the company that bulit mine last year.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
You can have a brand new boat boat built for around that price depending on what you are looking for. send me an e-mail and I will hook you up with the company that bulit mine last year.

Capt.,

Could you give us a rough idea of what could be built for $20k?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
When we move to the DR we would like a boat probably worth about $20k US.

I would like to hear of peoples experiences when they have bought boats either in the DR or another island, or even the US where there are plenty and therefore, I would imagine, they are competatively priced.

Cheers
I would wait untill you get to the DR before even thinking about a boat. I've had a few over the years (Small 18/21') and found them useless. Hauling them down to the beach for a few hours of being bounced up and down in the waves.. Anything bigger, which is obviously not your case, are a big pain in the a$$. Marina de guerra, theft, dammages, security. Wait untill you move. Charter is your best bet.