Kid Friendly North Coast Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
I am traveling to the North Coast with my 9 year old daughter. I am looking
for a family type place with a calm beach . I do not want to be around to much wild partying and would like there to be other kids at the hotel. Any suggestions. Nothing too expensive please. We will be coming from Santiago for a few days. Thanks
Stevi

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
I would suggest Miramar hotel west of Luperon in castillo. Beautiful, quiet site overlooking bahia Isabella, swimming pool, great food. Only ten nice rooms. Caves to explore, horseback riding, nice quiet beaches in a sleepy community.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am traveling to the North Coast with my 9 year old daughter. I am looking
for a family type place with a calm beach . I do not want to be around to much wild partying and would like there to be other kids at the hotel. Any suggestions. Nothing too expensive please. We will be coming from Santiago for a few days. Thanks
Stevi
Casa Marina has some AI deals for people coming from the interior. (Can't locate their website address.)
I can't guarantee that the waters will be calm.
The calmest beach is the Sosua Bay Beach, but there are no hotels right on it.
Sosua By The Sea could be an option too.
SOSUA BY THE SEA, the finest hotel on the beach in Sosua Dominican Republic

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
We have stayed at the Coral Marien Hilton in Playa Dorada several times and found it very child friendly for our 8 year old son.

It has a kids club, giant chess, huge pools and usually quite a few kids around. It does have entertainment in the evening but it is not too rowdy!

Only drawback is that during the daytime there is a lot of organised entertainment round the pool which maybe a bit intrusive, but then if your child is sociable they might enjoy it.

Have fun wherever you decide on!

amcomets

Jun 1, 2007
I'm going to Marien coral next week with my 5 year old. Unfortunately they are building new rooms at the moment so kids pool, park and mini golf are all gone for now. Will let you know on my return what it was like.:disappoin
Angie

abe

Jan 2, 2002
If you want a small property, try the Windsurf Resort in Cabarete. You can get a 1-BR condo so she can go to bed early and you can sleep on the day bed in the living room. There are not any real kid activities precisely at the resort, but they have a full array of watersports available at the Bic Windsurf Center as part of the package. The Cabarete beach is calm and very safe for kids. In fact at the bar at the Bic Center many parents gather in the evenings with their kids. The Windsurf is long established, very friendly with a full-service restaurant, a nice pool, and it's in town.

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
wasn't there just a hold up at one of the Riu hotels? As for more details we would like a nice beach and pool, not too rowdy of a crowd, snorkeling if possible.Thanks in advance for your help
Stevi

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
maybe- but I thought someone posted that the owner had some enemies, otherwise they wouldn't have passed security- I am not a scaredy cat but I a traveling with my baby

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
I think that the Marien Hilton would still be very good for you. I know you have had some good recommodations about smaller hotels but the trouble is that if you have a child on their own they need friends to play with and there is more chance of that with a larger hotel. In a small hotel there may be no other children. The hotels that have been recommended all sound great if you were on your own but if your priority is your child having fun and you feeling safe a playa Dorada hotel may be best for.

kymbillie

Jan 30, 2004
Hi I totally recommend Casa Marina in Sosua. Its great for all ages whether your 2 or 22 or 102. and it is set right on the beach. Its not exactly 5* but the food is good and everything is clean and the staff will do absolutely anything to make sure your holiday is perfect.

The great thing about Casa is that you can just strole outside your hotel and talk a walk around Sosua and take a look at the fantastic beach down the road. (I promise you, you will not be disapointed.)

I have been there twice with my family. Then once I left school I returned to the DR to another hotel in Cabaret (which was dredful. and now in my 20's I am going to return to Casa with my boyfriend. so 3 times... IT CANT BE BAD

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
sbsuib, I totally agree with kymbillie. Casa Maria is a great AI resort as is Sosua by the Sea, but I would have to say that Casa Marina, has wider variety of activities for the younger folks. They have daily entertainment which would appeal to a variety of tastes. That is my recommendation. The website address is ....:::::::AMHSAMARINA::::::..... you will find all of their hotels listed there.

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
Casa Marina

Is it the Casa Marina Beach or Casa Marina Reef that you are recommending?Thanks

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Casa Marina Beach and Reef share the same property. The Reef is at the front and the Beach is located at the back, nearer to Sosua by the Sea. If you are booked at either the Beach or the Reef you have the option of utilizing both ( ie activities, restaurants, gift shops etc.) That is another reason that I like it so much it is like you are getting two for the price of one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.