Help! Wash with rust like stains.

williamo1

Jun 20, 2006
We just moved to Cabarete and bought a small hotel.
We are using city water and a NA style washing machine. We are finding that our towels, sheets, curtains etc. after they are washed, end up having rust like circular stain marks on it.
I was wondering if it is because of the washing machine or something in the water.
If it is something in the water, is there something you can put in the water to prevent the staining of the fabric?
If anyone knows and has solved this mystery, please contact me and let me know.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We just moved to Cabarete and bought a small hotel.
We are using city water and a NA style washing machine. We are finding that our towels, sheets, curtains etc. after they are washed, end up having rust like circular stain marks on it.
I was wondering if it is because of the washing machine or something in the water.
If it is something in the water, is there something you can put in the water to prevent the staining of the fabric?
If anyone knows and has solved this mystery, please contact me and let me know.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you.
Usually the rust stains appear in the drying stage, as the locals have a tendency to hang the laundry on barbed wire fences or anywhere readily convenient.
If this is not the case and your washing is coming out of the machine with stains, I would stop using that machine immediately, until you figure out why, as the cost of replacing the damaged clothes, sheets & towels it astronomical.
Assuming your employees are doing the washing, you might want to put a ban on bleach/Cloro.
They perceive it as being a cleanser and they will destroy your clothes and linen in a short period of time.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
rust stains

I have the same problem sometimes but i think it is when they let the water run out. i live in an apt. it seems when the pressure tank is empty and then they start the pump up to fill the tank all the rust in the bottom of the tank gets into the water. what i have been doing is to open all the faucets in the house for a few seconds to purge the tainted water. If you can find hydrofluoric acid it will take out the rust stains. dilute it to 10% and be very careful this is bad schit.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have the same problem sometimes but i think it is when they let the water run out. i live in an apt. it seems when the pressure tank is empty and then they start the pump up to fill the tank all the rust in the bottom of the tank gets into the water. what i have been doing is to open all the faucets in the house for a few seconds to purge the tainted water. If you can find hydrofluoric acid it will take out the rust stains. dilute it to 10% and be very careful this is bad schit.
If the rust comes from your pressure tank, you should, at the very least, empty it out, or buy a new one.