Residence Visa - Don't Stick Me W/ That Needle!

EK07

Jun 2, 2007
Hi,

I am coming down to the DR to live with my family end of July from the USA. I need to get a dominican residence card for work purposes. I heard that you have to do the medical exam for TB and get an AIDS test to get the card and it has to be done in the DR by a Dominican Doctor. Is this true? I would rather have my 1 year old daughter and wife take any medical exams in the USA. Does anyone have any insight?

Thank,
:cheeky:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Most of us have been through that process. The medical procedure is simple and so far, we're all still alive. :cheeky: I saw nothing that scared me during the process.

Hi,

I am coming down to the DR to live with my family end of July from the USA. I need to get a dominican residence card for work purposes. I heard that you have to do the medical exam for TB and get an AIDS test to get the card and it has to be done in the DR by a Dominican Doctor. Is this true? I would rather have my 1 year old daughter and wife take any medical exams in the USA. Does anyone have any insight?

Thank,

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I would rather have my 1 year old daughter and wife take any medical exams in the USA. Does anyone have any insight?

I don't think that will happen, it must be done at health clinic at Immigration in Santo Domingo and the X-Ray at the clinic they send you to.

End of story!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi,

Thank,
The blood samples are taken at the Immigration office in a very professional manner. As for a 1 yr. old child, I'm sure you will be able to "arrange" things so that she does not have to supply "her own" sample. ;)

EK07

Jun 2, 2007
Thanks

Hi All,

Thank you all for the insight.... my wife is worried about the needle for drawing blood on our one year old.... she read somewhere that you can bring your own needle ... I could always recommend her to do that. Again, much appreciated for the comments / advice.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The blood samples are taken at the Immigration office in a very professional manner. As for a 1 yr. old child, I'm sure you will be able to "arrange" things so that she does not have to supply "her own" sample. ;)

indeed, i only had a bruise on my arm for just a few weeks....
nurses in DR train injections by poking dead pigs in a slaughterhouse with a needle :tired:
however - no other way.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hi All,

Thank you all for the insight.... my wife is worried about the needle for drawing blood on our one year old.... she read somewhere that you can bring your own needle ... I could always recommend her to do that. Again, much appreciated for the comments / advice.

Smile nicely, trust that the little one cries or is uncomfortable just at that moment .. and most everyone will suddenly go cootchy coo to the little one and not even think of applying the needle. Our granddaughter simply refused to give a pee pee specimen in a little bottle and was soon set free of the requirement. You just gotta work it!

No bruises for any of us. And they use new needles you know. Open them right in front of you!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
indeed, i only had a bruise on my arm for just a few weeks....
nurses in DR train injections by poking dead pigs in a slaughterhouse with a needle :tired:
however - no other way.

That's what you get when you use those cheap lawyers for residency. LOL.
No, seriously, I've had blood taken 100's of times both here and in the DR. Don't recall having had problems. I'm told I have beautifull veins whatever they mean by that. Just been lucky I guess.

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
We got our residency done and I am very fussy about the needles they stick into me and my 8 year old son. I was happy that they took a clean new needle from the pack in front of me. The staff were friendly and very kind to my son.
My husband and I had to have a chest xray but they did not need to do one for my son.
It all seems very clean and professional,
Just another thing, I am sure if you are familiar with the DR you will know this but we didn't and it caught us out. They require you to wear long trousers, not shorts and a top with sleeves.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have sensitive skin. polish nurses are way better, i must say.
but all clean an very quick.

ps, my lwer was not cheap but still i prefer not to have him doing a needle thing...
LOL

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
i have sensitive skin. polish nurses are way better, i must say. but all clean an very quick.
LOL

You're right about polish nurses. As a rule they are better but I prefer it when they take their time.

Maija

Jun 10, 2007
Just another thing, I am sure if you are familiar with the DR you will know this but we didn't and it caught us out. They require you to wear long trousers, not shorts and a top with sleeves.

Frankie, do you mean at this clinic, or whatever it is? A top with sleeves even?!

Peace,
Maija

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
Hi Maija

Sorry I wasn't very clear. You only need the top with sleeves in the residency place.

When we went we had to go to the clinic elsewhere is Santo Domingo for our chest xray. Don't think they would have cared what we wore!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for chest ray you can wear no top if that's what pleases you.... LOL

i feel this note about polish nurses was somehow pervert in nature....