Getting around in Santiago

Charm City

Nov 28, 2005
Hello to everyone, I made my second trip to the Dominican Republic in June. Since, my novia lived in Santo Domingo; I flew into SDQ Airport and traveled all the way to Sosua on Caribe Tours bus. On my journey to my destination, I noticed that the bus stopped twice at two different terminals in Santiago. Can someone tell me which terminal is closest to Hotel Aloha Sol? Gracias!

G

gary short

The only Caribe bus to Santiago that I've ever used stops at Ave 27 de Febrero north of Ave Imbert........which is a ways from Hotel Aloha Sol......where is the other stop??????? I'll reply with the better stop..

Charm City

Nov 28, 2005
I just checked the Caribe Tours website and the other stop that I am thinking of is located on C/Restauraci?n, Esq. Gregorio Luper?n in Santiago Rodriguez. I am not familiar with Santiago. Is Santiago Rodriguez in an entirely different town?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Santiago Rodriguez is a different town. If you're going to POP, you probably don't want to go there.

Caribetours stops once near to the supermercado nacional ... there is a pollo victorina at this stop. This stop is closer to Santo Domingo side ...

The other stop is closer to the road to Pop side ... and from memory, there is nothing much close by --. Uhmmm ... have no idea how to explain this one, excepting that it is there. About 5 minutes from there you find the roundabout that drops you on the Pop road, if you remember to take the swing to the right at Navarete.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can take a private taxi to your hotel from either stop for 100RD.

Charm City

Nov 28, 2005
Okay, I do remember eating at a food stand inside the bus terminal in Santiago. Also, there was a currency exchange place along side the Carrie Tours bus terminal. I have not decided yet but I might rent a car for a few days. How is the driving in Santiago? Are traffic laws obeyed? I would never drive in the Capital, they drive worse than New Yorkers (lol).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The first stop for the Caribe Tours bus in Santiago is called Los Jardines. It is across the street from Pollo Victorina, and on the corner of 27 de Febrero.

It is RD$100 taxi ride from there to most places in Santiago.

HB