Pasola information

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
My Canadian friend needs some help. He wants to buy a pasola and I know very little about them.

1. I am looking for recommendations on brands etc.

2. Do they need to be licensed?

3. Do they need to be insured? Does that change based on the size of the pasola???

4. We are on the north coast - where do we buy one? Recommendations as far as Santiago will work.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 7, 2007
The best probably would be a DOMOTO clone. DOMOTO/TAKEMORI/VENTO/STEAMLINER etc.

Domoto brand and clones (it's basically same stuff witha different sticket) are imported by BONANZA DOMINICANA. Most of them are 125.

The price tag is about 55.000 pesos of you get a good deal. Most likely about 60.000 pesos. This is paid in cash. he most likely won't get a financing if he is new.

I boght mine here in Higuey at Kervin Motors for 55k, 30k down, and the rest paid in 2 months, with the same deal as cash. (Knowing the salesperson).

My ex bought one a year ago with 20k down, and 7 pagares each at 7500, so it cost about 73.000. But it was takemori 150, not DOMOTO 125, so it was a class higher.

Feb 7, 2007
Yes, they need to be licensed (or should be) the dealer will start the "placa" process for you (or should). Takes about 3 months.

Insurance - there is no insurance for pasolas or motorcycles as far as I know.

If anybody knows, let me know!

Buying - any Motoprestamos, but you will overpay. Go to the big dealers (the ones that stock tens and tens of passolas and motors in their yards).

Feb 7, 2007
Didn't you know that DOMOTO is a Suzuki brand?

Parts are not hard to find. Large repuestos have parts. Domoto and Domoto-clones are now WIDESPREAD! Worst comes worst, you can buy parts at Bonanza, either in Santiago or Santo Domingo. They have everything.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I didn't read the whole thread, but I have a pasola to sell. Its been parked for years. I was keeping it for my little nephew so when he comes, he could ride it. He never came and now he is big so naturally he wants to drive my car now.
Call me.
AZB

Feb 7, 2007
MF, point me in the right direction.

I have asked several insurance brokers here in Higuey, and they just laughed at it. You crash - bad luck. It gets stolen - bad luck.

If you know what company can do a comprehensive insurance for passolas, let me know. Thank you.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
rubio,
i'll try to have an answer for you wednesday. i know someone whose employee wrecked his moto. he had insurance coverage & there was a payoff that helped cover the repairs.
the insurance coverage in that instance was mandatory as a bank had financed the bike.