Punta Cana- Excursions- Jeep Safari?

M

Mark

I had the luxury of speaking with a friend of my roomates - Who has just returned from Bavaro Beach Resort on 5-11-00- Since I am leaving for Punta Cana this Friday 5-19-00 - His information was fantastic..He spoke of this excursion he did - Jeep Safari- he said it was all day trip - It was $80 u.s. - The kicker is that they let you drive the Jeep, 2 Couples per Jeep- I guess its like a guided tour- a follow the leader type deal- Anyone that has done this trip- I would really appreciate information.
Thanks,
Mark

D

Daphnee Mercer

I have done the jeep safari, and it is amazing, one of the best trips there are. But take my advice, looki around for prices, cause I only paid $30.00 for a full day jeep safari with "rum runners: DO NOT BUY YOUR EXCUSIONS AT YOUR HOTEL. yOU WILL FIND a much better deal elsewhere.

C

Crystal

What do you do on this trip, what do you see!! Where did you go to get that price of $30.00. I am going in June with my family, the three us an another family. Do you know of other things to do. And where do you go to get best deals (PRICES). Thank you!!

D

Daphnee Mercer

Hi, ok the jeep safaries are sold almost everywhere you look. i stayed at the Playa dorada complex in puerto Plata. They tried to sell me jeep safaries for $65us at my hotel. The next day, I walked down to the Plaza, and what do you know, I saw the same safari ride for half price. Always remember to bargain with EVERYONE. Dont ever buy anything at regular price! It seems that the farther you go from your resort, the cheaper things become! The jeep safari I went on took us to these beautiful waterfalls that we swam through. I swear, the water was as blue as the sky. Also they provide you with drinks and lunch on the mountains. There are tonnes af activities you can do besides the safari, but it is by far the most popular excursion.. The Catameragn is a big boat you can take into the ocean to go snorkeling, and see the tropical fish. DONT go on the tour buses. They're really not that interesting. The jeep safari is a much better way to see the country side. dont be scared of the driving down there, it's CRAZY but no one seems to get hurt. there are absolutely NO DRIVING RULES. It doesn't matter wether you're drunk or sober driving, they're maniacs!! And they LOVE beeping their hornes at everyone. But it's a way of greeting you, and saying hi. Dont forget to bring candy and little nick nacks on the safaries. It's so cute cause as you're riding along the country side, the poor little kids start running after the safaries begging for "vena" candy. Their little hearts will drop to the floor if you pass them an old baseball mit or ball as you pass them by. I swear it is the best feeling in the world for you and the kids. Dominican kids seem to worship white poeple. Give them some canadian or US change, they'll love you. the kids who live in the town are totally amazed when white folks talk to them, they get these huge smiles on their faces. Anyways, if your more of the relaxed type, you can also go parasailling. It's pretty cool. You should only go on 1 or 2 excursions, because really it is over priced and most of them arnt worth it. If you wanna go on a tour around town, ask a cab driver, he'll drive you aroung on his motor bike. dont take the tour bus. Do go to the discos at night, buy drinks at your hotel before you go. There will be lots of locals at the discos. They are very good dancers, but if you are a woman, all I can say is watch out, and dont drink to much! They love SEX those dirty dominicans!!! they cant get enough of it!! The Dominican woman are very beautiful compared to here. There are many of them that look like supermodels. That goes for the men to. Although the women are very shy. Most of the men have more than one wife or girlfriend. If you fall in love, beware that they're are not going after your visa or cash instead of your heart! They are all very nice, but not always honest. The men will do anything to turn a woman on with words. So if you are a female, just take their words as a compliment, they really aren't trying to be pigs. It's all in their culture. The men at the resorts are the worst. Many of them are called Sanki. The more white girls they screw, the more points they get! SOOOOOOOOO many poeple are gonna try to get your money, so dont be to nice!! You will end up spending millions! But all i can say is that the culture is extremely interesting, and you'll want to spend most of your time meeting people and trying to understand certain behaviour Your vacation will be amazing, trust me. Just remeber to say NO to poeple. if you have anymore questions, please feel free. I am moving to PP in June and would love to show you around.
daphnee

M

Mark

Daphnee - Need your pick here..

Hey thanks for your information.. I will be staying 7 nights @ the Melia Tropical - I am leaving for DR on Friday May 19..
I wanted to do 3 excursions - but If I could only do 2, I need
an opinion- I have to do an Intro Scuba course through the hotel - I have never been diving before - SO I have promised myself that I am doing it in Punta Cana . So that leaves one other trip with two choices remaining- Jeep Safari or Saona Island ? which in your opinion.. Thanks ,
Mark