business start up in the DR

gloryboy

May 28, 2007
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me is it hard to open a business account and a business in the DR, is the island tax free, are the locals good workers, and are there reliable accountants on the island.
where would i go to lease office space around the north coast

cheers in advance

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh boy! You have some reading to do ;)
In Legal, go and search for threads on employers and employees and try to get to grips with the pitfalls in employing people in the DR.
In Legal, go and search for company formation and how to do this and how long it takes. They tell us it is now fast, i.e., 48 hours, but I don't yet believe that.
Office Space on the North Coast? You'll find office space easily in Puerto Plata, a little less easily in Sosua and not so easily in Cabarete.
Then you'll find employees easily in Puerto Plata, Sosua and in Cabarete. What quality employee are you looking for and with what background and qualifications? It may be more difficult to find what you are looking for. There are plenty 'warm bodies'.

I cannot stress enough that you have to read a lot and do a lot of homework before you even think of doing this. Have you checked out the market? Who, where and what is your market?

The banking stuff is easy if you know what to do, but get the market stuff and company formation stuff out of the way and the banking stuff will fall into place.

I'm just thinking this seems such a throw away question ? Are you serious here?

gloryboy

May 28, 2007
thanks for the quick reply, the business will be an international telesales based business. so hopefully i was hoping on bilingual telesales staff, is this hard to find