Portable air conditioner

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We're looking for a portable air conditioner - something like the " AMCOR ALD-12000E Portable Air Conditioner/Dehumidifier "

This is NOT a window unit - it's a free-standing portable air-conditioner, on wheels.

Has anyone seen this in the DR ? or any suggestions ?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
They are for sale in Pricesmart in Santiago. I have also seen them in Puerto Plata. WHere are you?

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I know of someone who purchased one in Coripio in Puerto Plata. A bit pricey, but available.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
go to Pricesmart in Santiago, if it is around your location. They have what you are looking for. It is a Frigdaire AC/Dehumidifier 9000BTU on wheels with remote control. RD$22,000

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
If you can avoid buying a portable though - consider it. They are not as energy efficient as the other types!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
PriceMart

PriceMart had a some about 2 weeks ago. Portables, splits and window models. They had a small window unit for a small room for less than USD 200.oo too. Keep in mind that, while some portable units may have a water tank and thus do not need a drip line going out, they all do have a big air pipe that needs to be led to the outside to blow out the hot air. They are also not as energy efficient as window models.

... J-D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Jeez Rob, You're about to be 7.4 million dollars richer, and you're worried about an itty bitty little classified ad?

But, I'll tell ya what. I'll buy ya a couple of cold ones at Playa Vista today for my little bleep.

C'mon, take a break for once. It's Sunday!

DR1 is a two way street. You have been speeding along it for a long time without getting a ticket. Guess what? We have AMET here as well :)

I look forward to seeing the receipt for the classified ad.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
JDJones has a good deal going :)

Danby 10000 btu (DPAC10061) portable A/C for sale.

Purchased new at Pricesmart, only used for a few minutes. The wiring in my house is too thin to handle the current load, so we've never used it.

This is the A/C that comes with the tubes you route out through the window, and has a storage tank on the rear for the humidity that is pulled out of the air.

These units are not as efficient as a wall or split, but it puts out a ton of Cold air and cools down a room very quickly.

New cost was 23,000 pesos, and I am asking $19,000.00