SDQ to BOCA Chica

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The best way is to call my driver Jose....renting a car is not the best way....PM me for his phone number....charges $30-$35US but he's a great guy with a big smile.....always on time, he will wait for you if the plane is late, will stop so you can get beer, and is a hell of a body guard if you need him....

Feb 7, 2007
35 bucks from the airport to Boca Chica, which is next door... quite expensive...even for the big smile

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Let's see...

Exit the airport, turn right onto Autopista Las Americas (Route 3), drive about five miles, watch for signs for the exits to Boca Chica (two, I think) on the right. That's about as detailed as I can get off the top of my head. Any specific place you're heading?

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
35 bucks from the airport to Boca Chica, which is next door... quite expensive...even for the big smile

Akchully, that is what he charged me last time to SD, the CZ.....and I tipped him $5US in addition ($40)

If I remember correctly he charged $20 from SDQ to BC in Jan 07

It's not just the big smile...it the fact that he is on time, trustworthy, and will do whatever you need to make your trip good.......besides he has a wife and kids....and we relate well....I treat people how I would like to be treated...it works.

CHEAPER ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER...

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
SDQ (airport) or Santo DOmingo? From the capital itself...most definitely guagua (40 pesos i think). From the airport most definitely taxi....but i have NEVER paid more than 20 USD.

Where are you staying in B.C.? some places (i.e., el candil) offer free airport pickup...you just have to ask for it....otherwise ask and they will arrange for a trustworthy taxi to be waiting for you.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
No Buses from The Airport

There are no buses that leave directly from the airport. If you are determined you can take a cab or motoconcho out to the autopista and flag down a bus from there. For around $20 you can just take a cab from the airport directly to the door of your hotel in about 20 minutes. Well worth the $20, especially if you have luggage.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There are no buses that leave directly from the airport. If you are determined you can take a cab or motoconcho out to the autopista and flag down a bus from there. For around $20 you can just take a cab from the airport directly to the door of your hotel in about 20 minutes. Well worth the $20, especially if you have luggage.

$20 bucks it is for up to 4 passengers and as you said, "Well worth the $20".

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
$20 bucks it is for up to 4 passengers and as you said, "Well worth the $20".

as a reminder tho..its a good idea to arrange the care BEFORE you travel...you dont want to just trust any driver at the airport.

I know this is an old thread...but if the OP insists on driving...you just head east on the highway (bear right when you come out of the airport)..and boca chica will be about 10-15 mins on the right (south) side of the highway.