Barcelo Palace

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are planning a week long trip to the Barcelo Palace in Punta Cana... We will be married 3 years in August and never went on a honeymoon, due to expenses of the wedding and the birth of our daughter soon after. We were provided with a great deal to the Barcelo Palace. I read up online that when you stay at the Barcelo Palace, you have access to all the other Barcelo resorts in the complex. My husband is Dominican and grew up in the Dominican Republic, can anyone provide information on doing things that he would love and enjoy off the resort...... Also, any ideas on the best restaurants to eat at the resorts????? Seeing that it's a complex of Bavaro resorts, we would like to get a lot in for the week we will be there.

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2007
Barcelo palace is the best of all barcelo hotels. if you got a good deal, go for it. The complex needs some renovation, but it's quite good.

The restaurants you should not miss: Grill Restaurant on the beach of Barcelo Palace. GREAT grilled meats, especially pork. Very juicy!
Mexican Restaurant and French restaurants are also good.

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Thanks Rubio!

Is there a buffet restaurant at one of these resorts that you can pretty much show up in your bathing suit with a cover up? For those lazy afternooons? Any information on off resort things to do? Any sports bars with pool? Also, is there any local restaurants around or discos?

Feb 7, 2007
Most of the time the buffets tolarate what you just described. Each Barcelo hotel has its own buffet restaurant.

Also, there is a pool/beach restaurant in Palace that you can show up in bathing suit.

The Grill Restaurant is on the beach, on the sand, so you can eat your steak or pork ribs while sunbathing and enjoing your pi?a colada